Menu
Nikolovdenis
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Second Virgin broadband

Hey everyone!
Can anyone help and tell me if it's possible to have 2 Virgin broadbands a in the same house?
And another question, which broadband speed is ideal for gaming?

Thank you in advance!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second Virgin broadband

Residential wise the general rule is one account per property, unless the property is segmented and each part of it has owns post code etc registered with the Royal Mail. Some people have gotten around the rule, but I'm not sure how. and they never went into detail

Any of the packages are fine for general gaming. The most basic package (SuperFibre 50) provides enough download speed to keep download wait times short and the 3Mb upload speed is more than ample if all you do is play and not stream. If you stream your game play go for Vivid 200. Or Vivid 200+Homeworks and 300Mb.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second Virgin broadband

Shelke wrote:

Residential wise the general rule is one account per property, unless the property is segmented and each part of it has owns post code etc registered with the Royal Mail. Some people have gotten around the rule, but I'm not sure how. and they never went into detail

Mine is more a legacy install at this point, basically i moved, but during the move process i made sure to ask them if it was possible to have a second set of services installed as i was moving back home and i only had broadband service, the poor rep agreed to this and as luck would have it i was actually recording the call at the time (yes i did inform him at the start of the call so its completely legal) and when we eventually went for the second set of services we got the "You can't do that" line at which point i just ended up contacting the complaints team for the CEO's office and provided them a copy of the call recording and the services were installed pretty much straight away Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos