Menu
GalDriver
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SENDING TEXT FROM LAPTOP

I used to send texts from the server's website when I was with another service. Can I do this with Virgin, I haven't found a way as yet? I have secondary progressive multiple sclerosis and texting is a lot harder than typing on the laptop so it would be soooooo useful.

Can you help me please?

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: SENDING TEXT FROM LAPTOP

i think you can if you have the software it does not matter on which provider you are with but only superuser or staff will know Smiley Happy

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
GalDriver
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks David.

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try this link: http://microsoft-sms-sender.software.informer.com/1.0/.  As it was written for XP you will need to run it in Compatibilty Mode on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or Windows 10.  It can only send 160 character messages though, and you will need to plug your phone in and use it through Bluetooth.  It should show up as a Bluetooth modem in the hardware section.  If that's no good for you, there are "free" and paid for services by Googling SMS Sender.  Please note that the "free" services could be extremely damaging to your computer.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

A better alternative in my opinion would be a bluetooth keyboard as they're fairly cheap. You wouldn't need to faff about with your PC.  All you would need to do is pair it up with your phone.  A lot of them are similar to laptop keyboards.

--
No system is 100% secure
0 Kudos
GalDriver
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. It's no 'faff' to use my laptop as I use it most of the day but this could be useful when I'm away from it.

0 Kudos
GalDriver
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I use a Mac though.

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you use a Mac the above will not work without major technical know how (dual booting XP on a Mac is or was doable but would be overkill for what you want to do), as the program will only work on Windows. You'll have to use paid services.  Free services aren't secure and you don't know who's hosting the sites or where your personal data is going. 

You can get Mac style keyboards on ebay as suggested in the above post.  Since I am not a Mac user I don't know of any apps (as the like to call them these days) that would do what you want.  Most people use PC's on here and Mac stuff is in the minority, but (presumably) if you are using an iPhone and a Mac there should be a way of pairing them up somehow using a Bluetooth dongle.

--
No system is 100% secure
0 Kudos