Menu
Cuff155
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Roadworks

How is it right that at 8.30am, roadworkers from virgin media are very loudly digging up the pathway outside my front door? I was aware that roadworks were/have been going on, but I didn't expect to be woken up at 8.30am on my week off to hearing and feeling power tools digging up the path without first being warned. Also our driveway keeps getting blocked off!! Not happy at all!!
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roadworks

0830 is perfectly acceptable for roadworks regardless of the company on a Monday
0 Kudos
Cuff155
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm well aware of this, but digging up the path with a pneumatic drill/angle grinder outside my front door at that time without warning me surely is out of order? Especially when we were told they would be gone by last Friday.
0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try sleeping off nights as I do ... kids/lawnmowers etc etc..That's life.. and after all 830am!??
That's life!!?

Hardly early to start .. if VM had to satisfy everyone in your street I guess nothing would ever get done!????
0 Kudos
Joecon
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We are having the same issues, workers turned up with no notification last week have dug up a pavement that has been fine for twenty years to install cable. The roads are a mess with dust everywhere and badly blocked streets on the estate. How virgin think anyone is going to sign up with them betas me.

just arrived back from work to find a lorry parked across our close meaning I had  to mount the kerb to get in, I asked if the workers could make it any more awkward and the reply was yes, virgin use third party contractors so they can dissociate themselves and push the blame elsewhere when it is their bad planning their lack of care that is behind this mess.

To cap it all we had our Main Street in the estate dug up just six months ago  and they have turned up to do it again as I said bad planning

0 Kudos