Menu
Traceymcg
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Roadworks complaint

Not happy at all right up until 8pm I've had crowds of workmen outside my door shouting not talking to each other then a work van thought it was fine to park right outside my front door to load stuff well throw stuff in the back of the van and when I say outside my front door I mean across my front door with a few inches to spare the whole day I couldn't hear myself think redic until this time of night no respect for anyone that stays here joke
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roadworks complaint

Traceymcg wrote:
Not happy at all right up until 8pm I've had crowds of workmen outside my door shouting not talking to each other then a work van thought it was fine to park right outside my front door to load stuff well throw stuff in the back of the van and when I say outside my front door I mean across my front door with a few inches to spare the whole day I couldn't hear myself think redic until this time of night no respect for anyone that stays here joke

They work within local authority guidelines for what times they work, sadly there isn't a lot VM can do with regards to the noise unless its outside of the agreed hours, not the answer you want to hear sadly, you could have asked them to move the vehicle if you needed to exit the building and i have no doubt they would have complied, without knowing the road layout its hard to say why they were parked where they were parked

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Traceymcg

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had while the necessary works are being carried out in your street. I apologise for any inconvenience and upset this may have caused you.

in the first instance you can speak to the site manager, who should be able to resolve most issues there and then.

Should you have any issues doing this or aren't able to locate the site manger then please speak to the Street Works Team on 08708883116, option 3. They will be able to assist you further. 

Many thanks

Ian_LP

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
andyroo70
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Our street has been totally ruined by virgin !!! Not one of the residents was asked or informed about these works . Drives are constantly blocked and there is no public regard given what's so ever . Workers can't understand or speak a word of English. You will be getting billed for the cleaning of my drive as this is private property . Absolute joke !!!!
0 Kudos