Menu
TangoFiver
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Roadworks/Cable laying

Virgin Media have had some contractors laying cables (I think) down our street.

Unfortunately they've made a mess of our fence and garden, and I want to make a complaint about it.

I've rung 0345 454 1111 and got passed around to 8 (yes EIGHT) different people before someone from Virgin Media cut me off after 45 minutes on the phone.

I'm not even a Virgin Media customer, so do I now need to just get the landscaping work done and send the bill to Virgin Media or will someone rectify it?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Roadworks/Cable laying

Hi TangoFiver, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly with more information and photographs Smiley Happy

I have popped an email over to the Area Manager and Head Of Dept for your area and included the photo's. I've also given them your contact number in case they need to speak directly with you. 

Please keep me updated on if you hear anything from them and I'll do the same for you Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Take some photos and put them on here to shame them

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi TangoFiver, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that recent work in your area has left a mess Smiley Sad 

We realise whilst work is ongoing things can look a bit of a mess however once all finished, the contractors will put everything back as found. 

I have sent you a private message to get some information from you so I can check when work is due to finish. I'll also need some photo's from you for me to send to the Area Manager in your area to help resolve this. 

Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi TangoFiver, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly with more information and photographs Smiley Happy

I have popped an email over to the Area Manager and Head Of Dept for your area and included the photo's. I've also given them your contact number in case they need to speak directly with you. 

Please keep me updated on if you hear anything from them and I'll do the same for you Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
TangoFiver
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Kath - it is appreciated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi TangoFiver, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I've been looking in to this for you. 

The team have come back to me today to advise they have passed this over to the contractors to resolve. 

They will more than likely perform their own investigation with regards to gathering their own evidence so for now, don't try to clean anything up. Leave as it is. 

If they don't accept liability then this will come back to us and we'll then pass through to our 3rd party claims/ defence team. Either way I'm on top of this and will communicate with you through each update I get. 

I should hear more over the next few days.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi TangoFiver, 

Thanks for your continued patience whilst I looked in to this. 

OK so emails have been flying back and forth and I believe Jason has been in contact with you to discuss how this is going to be resolved Smiley Happy 

I've just received notification that an engineer will be with you tomorrow morning and Jason will be back in touch tomorrow evening to ensure you're happy. 

With regards to mess in the street, once there's been a good downpour of rain, we will be out to re-look at this and anything that needs sorting will be done. 

I can only apologise that it's taken you to complain here to get any action. 

Please let me know how things go and if you need any further information from me. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
TangoFiver
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Yes Jason(?) did come round on Tuesday (14th) evening to ask which paint we had used to paint the fence so he could source that, and also said that he would source some of the ornamental slate to cover up the debris left over.

He said that the slate would be delivered on the Wednesday (15th) and he would come again in the evening to ensure the delivery had been made.

Unfortunately that was the last we've heard from him. We've not taken delivery of anything, and haven't seen or heard anything from Jason or anyone else.

Do you know if this is being dealt with?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi TangoFiver, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Sad 

As it's a new week I just wanted to get an up to date view of where we're at with this before going back to the teams. 

Are you still waiting on a delivery for the slate? 

Have you heard back from Jason, or anyone else since? 

I'm keeping this open and with me so as soon as you reply I can go back to the teams right away. Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi TangoFiver, 

Call it a coincidence but I've just received a mail chasing the status on this from the Area Manager. I've replied back to them with your post and advised as of Saturday things were not resolved. 

They've come back to advise that hopefully this will be sorted by tomorrow and I've suggested them giving you a call to keep you in the loop. 

Either way I will know more tomorrow however I am off work so will check on how things are for you Wednesday. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos