Menu
Jamie2201
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Reference

Hi I was wondering if I could obtain some details for an employment reference as a matter of urgency, many thanks in advance
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reference

So i have to ask a simple question, does this look like HR?

Why is it ex-employees can't work out how to actually contact the department that hired them in the first place and instead come to a forum that lets users help other users and expect to get through to HR that way Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Jamie2201
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps the email address provided by management to obtain a reference for a new job isn't correct, perhaps every other email/contact number I've tried hasn't been able to help, perhaps this seemed like a logical way of someone within the company providing details that are correct.. therefore enabling me to receive a reference for my new employer.. perhaps if you don't have anything to contribute other than mediocre sarcasm you would be better suited watching Jeremy Kyle to pass you're time.. cheers
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Jamie2201 wrote:
Perhaps the email address provided by management to obtain a reference for a new job isn't correct, perhaps every other email/contact number I've tried hasn't been able to help, perhaps this seemed like a logical way of someone within the company providing details that are correct.. therefore enabling me to receive a reference for my new employer.. perhaps if you don't have anything to contribute other than mediocre sarcasm you would be better suited watching Jeremy Kyle to pass you're time.. cheers

Or, perhaps they don't want to give you a reference, i doubt you have tried all the contact numbers, have you actually phoned up HR to ask them about it, i mean, you would test a contact number before you gave it to someone, anyway, the staff on here are going to take a week to respond or you could just google for the VM careers page which will have up to date contact details for HR, i mean, its not like this page contains the contact details for VM's head office or anything, you know, like this one https://careers.virginmedia.com/locations/hook/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jamie2201

I've sent you a Private Message. 

Best wishes

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide