Menu
magicniner
Superfast
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re-Branding in the Pipeline?

What's betting that once Liberty Global finish their current roll-out to new areas, then fix the old areas that have been kept waiting on single figure evening and weekend speeds, they re-brand the business to try and lose the horrible reputation they've gained in the industry with their years of bilking existing and new customers? 

Just saying ;-) 

The CEO Team Customer Services came through for me!
0 Kudos
StopItRawr
Rising star
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Re-Branding in the Pipeline?

magicniner wrote:

What's betting that once Liberty Global finish their current roll-out to new areas, then fix the old areas that have been kept waiting on single figure evening and weekend speeds, they re-brand the business to try and lose the horrible reputation they've gained in the industry with their years of bilking existing and new customers? 

Just saying ;-) 

Not a chance.

Along with Sky, VM have the lowest complaints per 100,000 customers for their broadband services out of the major players. BT, PlusNet, EE and TalkTalk have 4x as many complaints per 100,000 customers as VM and Sky. Their reputation isn't perfect of course, yet going by your views, BT will have to re-brand too as they're completely rubbish!

Source: Ofcom

Tags (1)
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They could always rebrand it as a Global Liberty     Smiley LOL

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
dave2660
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Given that UPC Ireland has only just been rebranded as Virgin Media Ireland then I don't think that the Virgin Media name is going anywhere any time soon.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, waste all those millions that has been spent advertising the Virgin brand and raising their profile, start with a new brand with no recognition and confuse all your customers to boot. Sounds like a plan (for business suicide).

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It just depends on how long the contract to use the Virgin name lasts for or if there is a buy out clause. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

MUD_Wizard wrote:

Yes, waste all those millions that has been spent advertising the Virgin brand and raising their profile, start with a new brand with no recognition and confuse all your customers to boot. Sounds like a plan (for business suicide).

Much like the current one then..upset as many as possible so that those that leave outnumber those that get 'conned' into joining  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

You can only upset so many people for so long before you find that you have upset everybody...Smiley Tongue 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse wrote:

MUD_Wizard wrote:

Much like the current one then..upset as many as possible so that those that leave outnumber those that get 'conned' into joining  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

You can only upset so many people for so long before you find that you have upset everybody...Smiley Tongue 

That opinion seems contrary to the low churn rate (for broadband) from Liberty Global's figures. At least for the last quarter I saw.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think the churn rate is low.

It's the way of the world, do you ever hear anybody praising something, very rarely, do you hear people complaining about something, yes all the time.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
magicniner
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've had 18 years of good service followed by two years of less than stellar performance culminating in <2mbps evenings, weekends and holidays in an area where VM have been aggressively selling packages they can't deliver, handing out free upgrades they can't deliver and failing to spend the money to fix the problem, it's simply that, there is no "Fault" there is no complexity, they just need to spend the money to provide the bandwidth to deliver what they have sold. 

I'll paraphrase an old business saying in a forum filter friendly way - "You're only as good as your last fudge-up!"

- Nick 

The CEO Team Customer Services came through for me!
0 Kudos