Menu
jskemp76
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Project lightening install halted

Recently the install of virgin ducting started in my mums street. This install got halfway to her house from the new cabinet then stopped abruptly. Temporary trench covering was then put in place about 1-2 months ago and nothing has happened since. Has the plug been pulled in this area? I hope not! If it has though VM need to come back and make good the temporary surface.

The rep from VM visited my mum a few months ago saying cable services would be available to her household very soon.

The road is Red Lion Lane, Ellesmere Port, CH66 1HG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Project lightening install halted

Hi jskemp76

Thanks for getting in touch about your Mum's street and the PL work being carried out there.

I am sorry for any concerns this is causing to you both.

For us to look into this for you further can you please pop back to me on a PM with:

• Her name and full address
  • Your name and contact number

I can then pass this back to the teams to see if we can find out what's happening here for you.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI jskemp76

Thanks for popping back with your PM Smiley Happy

I've popped that back to the Nex teams for you and your Mum and as soon as they get back to me I'll let you know Smiley Very Happy

Take care.

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jskemp76
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great, thanks!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jskemp76

Thanks for allowing me the time to look into this with our teams for you.

The teams have come back to say that this is a stranded plant. I had to go back and ask them what that means as I've never heard this saying before. I was imagining random trees and giant Triffids <grins>

Turns out it's nothing quite so exciting, though I really was hoping for a random bit of 1980's nostalgia Smiley Very Happy

A Stranded Plant is network that is unattached to the main Network so it just lies dormant.

So I asked if we have a time frame on this and I was told no, but to pop back in a few months to chase again.

If you can do that on this thread for me lovely that would be fab Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos