Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (225 Views)

Problems with Virgin installation on my estate

[ Edited ]

Currently seeking legal advice about a current virgin installation to my estate, property damage by construction team to my property / is there a resolution centre with virgin, am sure there plenty of cases

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6 (184 Views)

Re: Problems with Virgin installation on my estate

[ Edited ]

Hi Dizefc1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board even if things aren't good at the moment. 

Is work still on going in your area? If so we will need to wait until it's complete to resolve any issues however we can start getting things sorted and raised now. 

I have sent you a private message requesting some details. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6 (158 Views)

Re: **bleep**iff

Hi Dizefc1, 

Thanks for sending me your information and photographs. 

After looking at these, the works done were approved by your local council for when the cabinet has been sited. I've had the local area manager come out to check things and they have advised the work has been done to the correct standard with no damage to the fence the cabinet is situated in front of. 

With regards to the pictures of the grass, all I can advise is that this will resolve itself in the coming months where the grass will regrow. 

I know this isn't what you would like to hear but we're not able to take this any further at this time. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Rising star
Message 4 of 6 (153 Views)

Erm...Whose 'local area manager' would this be then in view of independence being crucial in these matter.
0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6 (131 Views)

That would be VM's local area manager.

There are various standards work has to be done to, they aren't arbitrary, and if they aren't adhered to the local authority will pull VM up and demand remedial reinstatement.

If a person feels they've a legitimate complaint their local authority is where they need to go, however a cabinet being sited on public grounds outside of their property, or Virgin Media digging through a publicly owned verge is not legitimate grounds for complaint.

We only own the land on our deeds. Outside of that it belongs to other people or the local authority, and VM's Telecommunications Code powers permit them to do street works on public land unless the local authority object.

Rising star
Message 6 of 6 (120 Views)

Fair enough - just making the point that VM are not the final decision makers regarding the quality of work carried out by themselves.

If still in dispute the local authority should be doing an assessment in response to a complaint.

0 Kudos