Menu
Victor01
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problem with Cable My Street

Our street has just been cabled but our building was missed out. Apparently they need consent from residents but I haven't been asked, or had any contact with anyone from Virgin.

I asked the contractors if they knew anyone I could talk to, so that I could help getting consent, but haven't heard anything. 

We have the worlds slowest internet, literally in the kilobytes. We're desperate for a better connection so I really want to make sure we aren't left out when the entire estate has been cabled and the contractors move on.

Is there anyone I can contact to get information? What should I do?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with Cable My Street

Hi Victow01

Many thanks for dropping by with your Cable My Street query and a warm welcome to the community too Smiley Happy

For us to check into this for you we will need to take some details from you which we will do in a pm.

You can find this on the forums on the top right in the envelope.

If you could drop back to me on this with the information I need to support you then that would be great!

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Victor01
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I haven't heard anything? 

I typed in a neighbours house number and can see they have access to all of Virgins products so the cable is now live... but I have not received any news about connecting my property. The constructors have been gone for months and there has been nothing through the door. 

I'm a bit annoyed as I have offered Virgin reps, the constructors, and Virgin customer service on several occasions for advice and if I can support them (as a resident) in getting us connected. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Victor,

I am sorry to hear no one has been in touch Smiley Sad

I have re-raised this via our new process to the regional teams to see if they can support you with this.

The other option that may be of use if you have not yet tried this is to speak to Sales and make them aware that its location is on a street where the network is connected to see if they can send a Spotter for you?

The number if you'd like to give this a try is 0800 183 1234

If you do call, let me know what they say and I'll keep an eye on my replies this week for you. I am off next week but we can catch up again from the first full week of June if there's no response.

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Victor01

Just a catch up to say the teams have come back to state that they cannot confirm when the area would be connectedSmiley Sad

Thanks for email.

We have limited information around connections and as such we cannot give specifics about build for individual customers.

If our system is showing “Coming soon” then we will be building in that area, but time we can’t be sure how quickly this will happen.

In this instance it looks like the address is down as “Coming Soon” so it’s in the pipeline.

If they haven’t already, can you advise the customer to visit www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet this will give us a better idea of demand.

I hope you were able to get in touch with Sales to see if they could arrange to send a spotter round?

Keep us posted.

Karen_A
Forum Team