Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9 (224 Views)

Price rises

Can you explain why yet again you are raising your prices by £4.49 a month?? I'm not paying over £30 p/m just for broadband. This is a disgrace!! Have you put a brand new £1b cable to my house?? NO!!! still the same cable from over 10 years ago. Have you raised my speeds???? NO!!! 

I demand a full breakdown of why you are raising my price.

I also demand a call back to discuss a cheaper option or i'm switching to a new provider!!!

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9 (216 Views)

Re: Price rises

Everyone is affected by the price rises, not just you. Shouting will do no good.

Research the current deals for fibre broadband (bearing in mind Virgin offers the fastest speeds) and give retentions a ring (the "thinking of leaving us" option). Tell them you're thinking of leaving and signing up with [insert provider name] who can offer you X for [insert price]. They may be able to offer you a discount for another year.

You will need to be calm and polite when you ring.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 100
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9 (211 Views)

Couldn't careless about speeds. I demand a brand new DOCSIS 3 cable if i'm going to be paying that price not the same cable i've had for over 10 years.

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9 (202 Views)

[ Edited ]

It's not the coax cable to your property that's DOCSIS 3, it's the Virgin Media network equipment. You're already on DOCSIS 3 and DOCSIS 3.1 will be rolled out in the near future. That 10 year old cable is currently capable of providing downloads speeds of 350Mb.

The price rises are to fund the huge network expansion. I'm not defending the price rises because I too think they're excessive. I would point out that if you only have broadband it's more likely your bill will increase by £1.99 as opposed to £4.49.

Whatever provider you go with, you will see prices rises usually once a year. You can either ring rententions and try for a better deal or if you're not happy with VM, leave.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9 (198 Views)

I don't care i want one. The email i've received says it's going up £4.49. If you're going to cost me money i'm going to cost you money. Why should i pay for an infrastructure increase when i'll see no benefit. You should be funding it yourselves from your BILLIONS of pounds of profits. As usual profits before customers!!!  

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9 (187 Views)

They use the same cables now they did 10 years ago, so what is there to want? Smiley Very Happy

I'm not costing you any money I'm just a VM customer like yourself trying to give you advice.

Your bill should not be increasing by £4.49 if you have broadband only. If that's the case you need to ring retentions as I've suggested multiple times and negotiate a better deal. Or, leave! It's as simple as that.

If you haven't noticed, we live in a capitalist society and all big companies like VM work in this way.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9 (184 Views)

If you don't work for Virgin why are you commenting?? Your useless. Does anyone from Virgin read these forums or are they like Virgin...USELESS????

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 9 (174 Views)

Do you understand the concept of an internet forum?

Yes, the Virgin forum staff reply in a few days to a week, but as you've posted in the 'community natter' forum, they probably won't. And if that doesn't put them off, your rude manner and quite frankly laughable attitude will.

Have a good day! Smiley Very Happy

Superfast
Message 9 of 9 (95 Views)

Looks like retentions are going to be busy......
0 Kudos