Menu
derekb108
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Price Rises -- Whos Leaving?

3 Price rises in one year is wrong -- Who's going to leave???

shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price Rises -- Whos Leaving?

derekb108 wrote:

Well can you provide a list of alternative suppliers who provide 200-300mbit services?

Because otherwise it looks like i'm staying regardless of a minor price increase

0 Kudos
martinsheffield
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

ill be giving 30 days notice as soon as i get the letter about the increases (I'm still in contract) i'm sick of companies like these that feel the need to have numerous price increases,then make out were getting a free upgrade on bb speeds.
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

sky do the same thing. despite the rate of inflation being very low other things still go up. the reality is that there are many things not included in the basket of things related to how the rate of inflation is calculated.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

shanematthews wrote:

derekb108 wrote:

Well can you provide a list of alternative suppliers who provide 200-300mbit services?

Because otherwise it looks like i'm staying regardless of a minor price increase

like he said - nowhere to go 

this (below) is not attractive, and surely all other providers  would only get these speeds as they have to use the same telephone infrastructure

I don't actually need 200Mbs but it would feel very strange to be getting less than 50 when I do want to download stuff

BT predictor results:
BT infinity at [ my address]? No  [ and no plans to ever offer it  -We're working with government and industry to explore ways to bring Superfast fibre to as many people as possible but don't have a plan for your area yet.]

You can still get standard BT Broadband
You could get 8Mb Estimated download speed
6.5Mb - 14Mb Estimated download speed range*
3Mb Minimum guaranteed speed

I am considering phoning in when the retentions queues have shortened, but the problem with dropping bits of a bundle ( like some TV channels) is that you save next to nothing. ditto ( probably) for dropping from 152 to 100 on the BB speed, and I am most reluctant to mess with that anyway ( on the if it ain't broke... principle).
 i hope they will continue to offer the line saver pay in advance annual deal - every bit helps...
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

cybmole wrote:
 i hope they will continue to offer the line saver pay in advance annual deal - every bit helps...

I'm tempted to apply for the line rental saver but what puts me off is it's non-refundable so if I did decide to leave that could be a lot of money down the drain.  Also if I then phoned retentions to try and get a better deal they might take the fact that I'd committed myself to a year's non-refundable rental in advance as evidence that I wasn't really serious about leaving.    Hmmm, decisions decisions.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The price rise would not put me off, but in this instance, it will work in my favour.
I'm soon moving into (probably) a non Virgin area, but have 6 months left of my contract which I would have to pay off.
Having the rate increase will mean I can cancel without penalty
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

fatblokefletch wrote:
The price rise would not put me off, but in this instance, it will work in my favour.
I'm soon moving into (probably) a non Virgin area, but have 6 months left of my contract which I would have to pay off.
Having the rate increase will mean I can cancel without penalty

But how soon, the free cancel option isn't an open invitation its time limited and you only get 30 days from notification of the price increase to cancel without penalty

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yup - the letters will be sent out around September (at a guess), and as I will be moving shortly (by October), it ties in nicely
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

on a related issue - how long would someone not moving house have to leave for before they could return as a "new" customer on a sweet new deal. does anyone know how they police & define " new"?

0 Kudos