Menu
Kadapauk
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Postcode issues- cable my street

I have been informed that VM is in our area- I have tried entering my postcode on cable my street only to come up with wrong address. I have entered my address details manually and was told I will get a reply in 5 working days and it has been nearly 4 weeks with no reply. I am getting emails saying it is coming to my area. How do I register with correct postcode( already tried manual option)? How do I know when it will be available in my area?

Also tried calling customer care who were not very helpful and dismissed my query.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Postcode issues- cable my street

Hi Kadapauk

Many thanks for sending me those details via your PM, that's great!

I've emailed the teams to see if they can get back to me with an update  and as soon as they do, I'll be back in touch Smiley Very Happy

Cheers.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kadapauk Smiley Happy

Many thanks for joining us on the community and for getting in touch about the Cable My Street postcode issues you have had.

My apologies the page doesn't recognise your postcode.

May I check that the postcode you have for your property is registered with Royal Mail if it is a new build or new property? If not then if you can get in touch with Royal Mail via their site or via their contact numbers which I have searched for and posted below for you, then that would be great.

Royal Mail no. and opening hours: 03457 740 740. Open Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm, Saturday 8am-1pm and Sunday 9am-2pm.

If you have registered your postcode with them then if you could send a private message to me with your name and full address, I can then flag this to the teams for you and will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to support further Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kadapauk

Many thanks for sending me those details via your PM, that's great!

I've emailed the teams to see if they can get back to me with an update  and as soon as they do, I'll be back in touch Smiley Very Happy

Cheers.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kadapauk

Just an update to say this is still being chased with the Lighning teams for you.

As soon as I know more I'll be back in touch with you.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Kadapauk
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dear Karen_A

Thank you for the email. I will look forward to get further update from you once you have further information.

I am hoping virgin services are available in our area as soon as possible

Thank you once again
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey Kadapauk

I've not forgotten about you Smiley Happy

This has been ongoing since we raised this for you the week before last and it's still being chased as to if this is a viable option for us to look into.

I will keep you posted once more as soon as I have anything back from the Lightning teams for you.

Many thanks.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kadapauk

In answer to your PM Smiley Happy

The option of viability does not come down in many instances to the number of homes we could potentially service but could be rejected due to many factors

These include:

• Overall costs per home to connect. The company has a set threshold per property and if the option to connect a home/street/area breaches that, the request would be rejected.
  • Permissions from the landowners/ property owners. If cabling requires Wayleave and this is not granted we cannot press this any further if our dig works to connect would require access to lands owned by the person rejecting our Wayleave access.
  • Green belt access restrictions.
  • Local Authority restrictions.

There are very likely other possible barriers to us connecting areas that I am not thinking about but these are a few of the reasons why some area proposals are rejected by the teams.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Kadapauk
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. Will postcode related issues on cable my street be sorted?? As stated in original post when I type my post code address which comes up is a different address to other websites like Royal Mail, bt, sky, and other well known websites. Why is that only cable my street has wrong address on their website??? Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kadapauk

Thanks for letting me look into this for you further.

I've had some confirmation from the teams that as the roads on the estate are relatively new they have not yet been adopted by the Local Authority.

Once that takes place we would be in the position to review our options and possibly put in plans to arrange to cable the network to you and your fellow residents.

With respect to the postcode not reflecting properly on the site, I'll flag that back to the teams so that when the time comes, this is right for you to be able to register interest.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kadapauk

Many thanks for coming back to me on your most recent PM.

I have flagged this back to the Lightning teams to see if they can check if the properties have been adopted by the Local Authority yet as this is one of the things that was preventing them from rolling out services, and have also asked if they can look into the postcode side of things again as this is still not showing correctly on the CMS website for you.

It may take them a few days to respond to me and I am off for 9 days from this afternoon so I'll catch up with you on June the 5th when I am back if I do get a response for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team