Menu
stewartlincoln
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Outages Outages Outages

We have been having intermittent outages for a few weeks now. Yesterday I rang Virgin Media to sort out our problem. After the call operator did a small check their side he told me that there was a problem in our area with (basically) our areas cables being overloaded. I was immediately offered a £10 refund & I was to ring again in 30 days if the problem continued when I would get a further £10 refund.
I was told that the problem should be rectified by 14th of February 2017 but could be later.
NOW HERE IS MY COMPLAINT
(a) If the problem is expected to continue till at least February 14th 2016 why do I need to ring again in 30 days
(b) Even more disturbing is why should ANY CUSTOMER who has this problem in our area or any area for that matter have to ring at all. Surely everyone should automatically get the refund. Virgin Media has the technology to see who is affected
(c) Why has Virgin Media overloaded their system by connecting other customers to what they are admitting is an overloaded system & causing this problem.
MY ADVICE
(a) If you are suffering outages ring Virgin Media to see if your area is also overloaded & you should at least get the £10 refund per month.
(b) If you get more than £10 please post here so we all can get more
(c) Whilst writing this post I have just realised that I am on the XL package for broadband I wonder are they offering £10 across the board if so that is a miscarriage as it should be proportionate to what you are paying for

Merry Christmas to everyone
AND FINALLY PLEASE DO NOT ABUSE THE TELEPHONE OPERATORS IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outages Outages Outages

Hi stewartlincoln,

Thanks for your post, it's much appreciated Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your connection, you make some good points.

I've checked the fault in your area - F004840591 which is currently on-going due for review on the 22nd Feb. I'm pleased to hear you've received your credit to date, please continue to seek this credit for the loss of service.

We're unable to inform customers before the fault occurs but we can keep in touch with you and update you when the fault ticket gets reviewed next month.

Thanks for your patience,

Catch you soon.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Hydrops
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ditch and switch whilst you still can, do not under any circumstance fall into the fallacy of it being fixed on the provided date. There is mountains of evidence to the contrary on this forum.

Getting consistently shafted by highly fluctuated ping during "peek" all daylight hours.
0 Kudos
ImageCatcher
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello. Are you in the East Sussex area. We have been having same issues.
0 Kudos
stewartlincoln
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No we are from Lincoln but I think there are outages all over the country. Its about time Virgin Media sorted it out.

I wonder how many people are suffering & have not rang Virgin Media & of course Virgin Media are not doing the decent thing & giving everyone a reduction they wait till you complain

0 Kudos