Menu
johnm2880
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not cabling my street?

A main road that is literally 50 metres from my house (my road joins the main road) has just had the diggers in cabling up. There are lots of small roads of perhaps 50 or 60 houses that run off the main road that's just been cabled. Where can I find if VM have plans to cable those side roads (which have collectively more houses than the main road) too. It looks at the moment as if we are just being by-passed. I've already registered my interest before anyone asks.

It seems odd that only one main road through a residential area would be cabled up. Any ideas anyone? 

Cheers     John (I live in York)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not cabling my street?

Is your road owned & maintained by the local council (adopted), or is it private/still being maintained by the original builder?

Virgin will usually only have the adopted roads on their build plan. Newly built estates are usually maintained by the builder, & there will be a "no dig" agreement in place for a set period (excluding emergency works).

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
johnm2880
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Street is over 100 years old and no new build in the area. Local council owned/maintained.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, Smiley Happy

Great to have you with us!

If you've not already signed up then please pop by to our Cable My Street site.

Here we can register your interest in services with us.

I know you've seen people digging, etc., so if you'd like for us to check into this further then if you could get back in touch with me on the private mail I'm sending, that you can find in the envelope up on the right, I can then take the details we need to look into this for you. Smiley Happy

Thanks again,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos