Menu
allumj
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No broadband - change to BT?

Having left Virgin TV due to slow TiVo boxes now been lwft without broadband for five days with an estimated repair by 12th Dec. So ten days in total and that can't be guaranteed. BT Broadband can install by the same day. Tried calling tech support three times today for an update but strangely keep getting cut off aftet holding for ten minutes each time. BT is slower but does anyone know if it is more reliable? I need broadband for some business, Amazon Prime and home mail/banking etc. BT calling back to confirm order at 3:30.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband - change to BT?

"BT is slower but does anyone know if it is more reliable?"

There's no definitive answer to that question.  A lot will depend on the physical state of the phone line infrastructure in your area and whether the area suffers from over-utilisation (contention at the exchange).  Have you got any neighbours on BT who you can chat to see what their experience has been?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
allumj
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. Historically there have been line problems and Virgin did confess earlier in the year that there was no way that I could ever achieve the 200mbs i was paying for. Usually get around 50-70 testing direct from the router. BT state 38 but on old copper wires and three miles from the exchange that may also be a pipe (or wire) dream!
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

honstly i am with bt as well it cost alot more then virgin media and with late payments and reconnection fees it can come out near £80 for one month thats just with broadband and phone i never trusted bt from day one i had it i had a few problems with them in the pass and if you have problems they never give your any money off if there is a problem and only 12 month warrary with the router pair to virgin media with me it is alot more cheaper then bt and call out fees if the problem lays on your land can end up costing you £150 

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
allumj
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks... better the devil you know?? If only they all invested more they may retain more customers!!
0 Kudos