Menu
Forum Team
Message 11 of 22 (208 Views)

Re: New build and getting connected

Hey Ryan

I've had feedback from the teams to say that:

The liaison officer has advised - Yes the guys were there on Friday cabling the block but there is a separate activations team that attended today (Monday) to ensure the signal levels etc were all ok. Once they send me the activation sheet I'll send the release sheet through.

Once the release sheet has been sent to us we can send for release for installation to be booked.

I'll check with the teams tomorrow that the activations crews have confirmed that we're good to go and keep you posted from there Smiley Happy

Cheers!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 12 of 22 (187 Views)

Hi Ryan

I've been on annual leave but my colleague was chasing this for you whilst I was away.

We've not had any feedback on this however, so I've just emailed the New Build Liaison officer for your region to find out more.

I hope to hear back soon for you. I'll keep chasing this this week for you.

Thanks again

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 13 of 22 (145 Views)

Hey Ryan

The teams came back and confirmed you were installed which is fab Smiley Happy

Let us know if you need anything else going forwards.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 14 of 22 (136 Views)

Hey Karen

I see you have helped others here with their connections, maybe you could assist me please.

I am in a similar situation - I have moved into a new estate built by Redrow and is the first in this area of Exeter to be built with superfast broadband from the off (with fibre cables laid by both Virgin and Openreach). Unfortunately, there is still no connection with excuses from Virgin (as relayed to us by Redrow) about getting Western Power to connect then to be told oops, not Western Power but a company called Energetics (which often take 8 -12 weeks to connect so we are told)???

Can you help us get some sense from the Virgin new build team? (When we reserved last November we were told it should be up and running by the end of June, but its been nothing but excuses, excuses ever since. ( I dare say Redrow probably were partially to blame).

thanks.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 15 of 22 (113 Views)

Further to my above post:

Tried ringing the new build team (again) today, as usual no information on their system, so the advisor said she would contact the new build liaison officer for the area (who from what I have heard is harder to locate than Bin Laden was),  - so no call back yet, and no response from this forum.

Looks like it's back to BT then.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 16 of 22 (91 Views)

Hi Saxbrook

Thanks for getting in touch about the New Build property Smiley Happy

If you can pop a PM back to me with:

• Your name,
  • Your full address
  • The development name.

Once I have this, I'll check in with the teams for you Smiley Very Happy

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 17 of 22 (81 Views)

Hi Saxbrook

Thanks again for getting in touch on your PM.

I've popped this over to the New Build teams and I'll be back in touch with you as soon as I can to update you as soon as they get back to me Smiley Happy

Take care and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 18 of 22 (64 Views)

Hi Saxbrook

I've had some feedback for you.

At the moment we’re waiting for the power company to supply power to the master cabinet with will feed all cabs on the site.

If you'd like to check back in in a month, I'll be happy to check into this again for you.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 19 of 22 (61 Views)

Thank you for looking into this Karen. This is the rumour I had heard from the builders.

What I find incredible though is these houses have not suddenly appeared, (and first started being occupied 4 months ago).  I am told Virgin laid the cables to the site12 months ago - so why is the power only being connected in the next month (or more) ???? 

Sorry, but although BT/Openreach set the bar pretty low in that they have only recently connected the site, Virgin have managed to get below it, so it is to BT where I am reluctantly forced to take my business.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 20 of 22 (31 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello 

Managed to see your post where you have responded to quite a few, and after more than a month attempting to chase the Virgin Media team to connect up their box I am hopeful you can help.

The Charles Church team onsite over there have confirmed they have done their bit a long time ago but Virgin Media keep claiming that they are not even aware of anything at the postcode. My neighbours have already been residing there whereas we will move in this Friday. Our problem is that we are now having to terminate our contract with Virgin Media because they cannot supply the same at the new property. But I have been running around like a nutter trying to get some common sense into the team at Virgin Media as one of your engineers has already enabled the box that is installed at this location. So it should be a matter of Virgin Media just activating a connection for customers at that postcode. But this has gotten me nowhere so far and I really need someone to do something about this as it will cost me more money terminating and then later on re-connecting.

Any assistance you can provide will be much appreciated as I prefer to have Virgin connected at the new property too.

Happy to private message across my details when needed.

0 Kudos