Menu
Parki79
Rising star
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Forum Category for Utilisation Issues

New forum for Utilisation.

As this is now something VM are really famous for and there are so many issues surrounding acute utilisation issues, would it not be a good idea to have it's own Forum on here for such issues. The majority of issues seem to be surrounding this on here at the moment, and things are only going to get worse. Would clear up things a bit for you wouldn't it? 

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Forum Category for Utilisation Issues

The SPEED section admirably covers the Utilisation topic.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sephiroth wrote:

Not really,  though if you want to leave it as it is, maybe it should be renamed 'lack of speed' because that's what 'utilisation'  (or whatever VM's latest 'spin word' for it is)

The speed section can cover many different problems, not always related to utilisation, so to separate these out would give VM a REAL picture of how bad it is, rather than them being able to say 'the majority of problems are not related to  utilisation' to justify not doing much/if anything (poor power levels on hub, or similar, poor connections, damaged cabling,  etc)

Think this won't happen though, as VM too embarrased to allow everyone to see just how bad this situation really is, and how little they are actually doing to alleviate it..(in fact, making it worse by STILL persisting in selling services into areas already suffering!!)

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse wrote:

Sephiroth wrote:

Not really,  though if you want to leave it as it is, maybe it should be renamed 'lack of speed' because that's what 'utilisation'  (or whatever VM's latest 'spin word' for it is)

The speed section can cover many different problems, not always related to utilisation, so to separate these out would give VM a REAL picture of how bad it is, rather than them being able to say 'the majority of problems are not related to  utilisation' to justify not doing much/if anything (poor power levels on hub, or similar, poor connections, damaged cabling,  etc)

Think this won't happen though, as VM too embarrased to allow everyone to see just how bad this situation really is, and how little they are actually doing to alleviate it..(in fact, making it worse by STILL persisting in selling services into areas already suffering!!)

Just think about it.  People go to the SPEED section not knowing, but maybe suspecting, a utilisation issue.  Some have circuit issues, others have utilisation issues.  If VM set up a UTILISATION section, then people with circuit issues who suspect a utilisation issue will post there.

So it makes no sense to have a UTILISATION section plus a SPEED section.

Of course if the OP was simply amplifying dissatisfaction with an over-utilisation issue, then that's understandable - still not practicable, IMO.

As you say, it would be embarrassing for VM to set up a "shoot me" section, so it ain't gonna happen - but more likely because of the logic I've applied above.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos