Menu
Los
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

New Bulid house and getting nowhere

Hi, I moved into my new house about 3 weeks ago which was built with a virgin line in. About 6 weeks ago I filled in the form online saying my address doesn't show on the website and was advised to wait 5 days for a response. I waited 5 days and got nothing, so I filled in the form again and rang customer services but was told the same, we've taken your details and to wait 5 days for a response. 5 days passed again and still nothing. After filling in the form again and another call to customer services I got a call from an engineer who said he was looking into the line and would call me back in 24hrs. After 48hrs I gave him a call which went to answerphone and 2 minutes after the call I got a text saying he was on holiday for 2 weeks and would look at it then (**bleep**???) I've since spoken to customer services and the new builds team countless times and keep getting told the same thing, 5 days and we'll call you back. Last week I had another engineer (Jason) drop a leaflet through the door asking me to call him about my line but he doesn't answer his phone. I can't believe this is taking so long, is anyone able to help or even give me a straight answer?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Bulid house and getting nowhere

Hi Los

I appreciate you've not had a straighforward journey getting in touch with our teams regarding your connection to the network.

If yu'd like to send me a PM with:

• your name,
  • full address,
  • new build developers name
  • and development name.

I'll be able to check this with the teams for you.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Los

Thanks for the PM!

I've passed all your information to our teams and we'll be back in touch as soon as we know more.

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Los

The National Home Builders team have copied in the New Build Community Liaison officer for me and he is looking into this for you.

I hope to hear back within the next few days about this for you.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Los

This is a work in progress lovely.

The teams are waiting for the job pack for the works to be approved and as soon as this happens it will take:

'about 2 weeks to get the cab cabled and commissioned.'

Apparently we have a number of potential customers wishing to ling to this cabinet so it is a priority.

I cannot say how long it's going to take for the approvals but i will keep checking in with this for you once every couple of weeks if that is okay.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loz

It's been almost a month since our last catch up and I've not heard back form the teams with anything further so I've chased this for you today.

Hope to speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Los
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Any information would be helpful as I seem to be pulling my hair out with customer services

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

They're not set up to do the kind of leg work we do on the forums lovely so I get that it's frustrating when you contact them. Their primary role is inbound call taking whereas we are enabled to do the investiagtive stuff that takes time and are able to reply back to you at future dates Smiley Happy

In this situation it's best to stick with us. Fingers crossed I get a reply soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey Los 

The New Build officer for the  teams has popped back to say:

This waiting on the cabinet being cabled. As soon as we have a date I’ll let you know.

I'll keep you in the loop when I get more updates.

Cheers

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Los
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Whilst I appreciate you checking on this for me, this is not an update, this is same info I've been told before. I don't see how they can come back with we are waiting for the cabinet to be cabled as there are clearly people on this new estate with Virgin broadband.

If I was to give this information to one of my customers (I'm a data centre engineer) about their connection I'd be in a lot of trouble.

What is the time frame?

Why has this job already been cancelled? (I know it was scheduled in and cancelled on the morning of the work)

0 Kudos