Menu
rishi_tank
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New Build apartment registered with land registry and Royal Mail but not showing in Cable My Street

Hi,

I am buying a new-build apartment which is yet to be completed, however it is registered with Royal Mail and also shows up on BT's cable my street (unfortunately at low speeds) but when I try to enter the post code on Virgin Media's cable my street page it shows 'Please Try again'. So I was hoping that Virgin Media Fibre Optic broadband would be available in the area, otherwise I would be stuck with max 20Mb standard broadband Smiley Sad

I hope someone from the team could help me figure out if or when Virgin Media services will be available in the area. If I try a post code near to the apartment I can see it is offered. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Rishi.

0 Kudos
rishi_tank
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Build apartment registered with land registry and Royal Mail but not showing in Cable My Street

To give more info, the post code I am trying to search on cable my street is RM3 0LQ. Hope the Virgin Media team can help investigate this, thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Build apartment registered with land registry and Royal Mail but not showing in Cable My ...

Hi Rishi

Thanks for getting in touch about the Cable My Street query and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

For us to log this with the teams for you can you pop back to me on a PM with:

• Your name and address (your current one)
  • The full new address
  • The date you're moving in
  • The development name
  • the developers name
  • Your preferred email and phone number

Once I have this I can get in touch with them and either fill in the form to register interest for you if the address is on our system or find out more from the team if not.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Thanks again and speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Build apartment registered with land registry and Royal Mail but not showing in Cable My ...

Hi Rishi

Thanks for the PM Smiley Happy That's great!

I've emailed the New Build teams to see if they can provide further information on this for us- they will check if there's an agreement with the developers to arrange to provide services there for the prospective new tenants.

I'll keep you posted Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
rishi_tank
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Has there been any news regarding this? I'm hoping that some kind of infrastructure work would start sometime after I move in, as there have been interest by other buyers in the development with regards to Virgin Media, thanks.

Kind regards,

Rishi.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rishi

Nothing yet but I've just sent them another chaser.

My apologies about the delay in their response time Smiley Sad

I'll chase this next week if this is not replied to by then for you.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
rajguru
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Karen - I made a thread asking a very similar question, any reason why you decides to ignore mine?
0 Kudos
rishi_tank
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Any updates on this 2 months on?

Kind regards,

Rishi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rishi

I am so sorry but I've had nothing so I've now copied in 2 other departments to see if I can find someone who can pick this up for us.

My apoloigies about the delay Smiley Sad

I've got this snoozed to pick up again Monday if there's no reply

Thanks!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rishi

Just an update.

This has gone from our Nex teams to New Releases and now to New Build to check. I'm waiting to see if one of our Build Liaison officers can support.

Once I know where we are going with this one I'll pop back with more info Smiley Happy

Cheers

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos