Menu
Olipops
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Neighbours Virgin cable on my property

A huge virgin cable from my neihgbours property has been installed on my property along my drive and shoddly over my flowerbed. Almost put a garden fork through it this morning! I have continually tried to get through to Virgin about this but end up going through a long automated call to then finally end up in an overseas call centre of which they can never help and then hang up! I have spoken with my neighbour but they don't really care as the wire is on my property and not theres! Anyone know the best way to contact Virgin and actually speak with someone. As it stands I feel like ripping it out myself!
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neighbours Virgin cable on my property

Olipops wrote:
A huge virgin cable from my neihgbours property has been installed on my property along my drive and shoddly over my flowerbed. Almost put a garden fork through it this morning! I have continually tried to get through to Virgin about this but end up going through a long automated call to then finally end up in an overseas call centre of which they can never help and then hang up! I have spoken with my neighbour but they don't really care as the wire is on my property and not theres! Anyone know the best way to contact Virgin and actually speak with someone. As it stands I feel like ripping it out myself!

I would advise against the latter part, its property of VM and they don't take kindly to people deliberately destroying their stuff, ring up, select the option for "Thinking of leaving us" and you'll get through to someone in the UK, they will likely be better able to assist you, might also be worth having the account holder (neighbour) nearby incase they need to book out an engineer to move cables as they will need the consent of the account holder

0 Kudos
aytrixtech
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trying getting in touch with VirginMedia Customer services and see if they can get you through to the right department.

If your a Virgin Media Customer ring 150 from your landline

I Work for Virgin Media - All Opinions are my own
0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well my opinion differs from that given in the second post.

It would of course be best if VM recognised the failings of their workers/sub contractors) and immediately rectified the shoddy work (and its nothing to do with the opinion of the customer neighbour).

The use of your land in this manner requires Way leave authority from yourself given in writing and signed (with a real signature on paper). Without this being provided the work done is illegal.

Failing a suitably urgent response and rectification my action would be to put the matter in writing claiming reasonable rent for the use of your property thus far and give reasonable notice for removal of their cabling which if not complied with you will arrange removal and claim any costs from them.

Ensure that it is sent recorded delivery to the Swansea (complaints) address with a hard copy retained for inclusion with a file containing a full and accurate log of all contact (any phone calls recorded) and photos (the more the better).

In the event of continual unreasonable response (i.e. fob offs) I would contact the Citizens Advice Bureau for free expert advice.

Good luck with it.

0 Kudos