Menu
jcm11
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My garden cable is exposed and not in a conduit I cant bury it myself as there is not enough length

I want a new cable so that I can bury it properly and I want it put through a conduit (my neighbors builders have already cut through it once) the current cable is not long enough to bury I have to be careful cutting the grass etc 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My garden cable is exposed and not in a conduit I cant bury it myself as there is not enough length

jcm11 wrote:

I want a new cable so that I can bury it properly and I want it put through a conduit (my neighbors builders have already cut through it once) the current cable is not long enough to bury I have to be careful cutting the grass etc 

You'll get a faster response calling support, is the cable no longer buried as a result of something that has happened or was it never buried, if it was the latter why did you not tell the engineers at the time to deal with this?

If the cable has become unburied as a result of something that has happened in your garden there may be a charge for the callout as its not due to a fault

0 Kudos

All Replies
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My garden cable is exposed and not in a conduit I cant bury it myself as there is not enough length

jcm11 wrote:

You'll get a faster response calling support, is the cable no longer buried as a result of something that has happened or was it never buried, if it was the latter why did you not tell the engineers at the time to deal with this?

If the cable has become unburied as a result of something that has happened in your garden there may be a charge for the callout as its not due to a fault

0 Kudos
jcm11
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response I will contact support. I did actually complain about the cable another engineer was sent he was not happy but did dig the cable a little deeper but as I say it cant be dug in all the way as it is not long enough. He seemed to imply that was all that could be done. Another engineer came recently he has pulled more of the cable up to repair what next doors builders damaged. How can I get the message across to Virgin that I want a new cable and conduit the engineers that come never seem to know what they are coming for none seem to have any conduit or be prepared to lay a new cable!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

jcm11 wrote:

How can I get the message across to Virgin that I want a new cable and conduit the engineers that come never seem to know what they are coming for none seem to have any conduit or be prepared to lay a new cable!!

Ask for a note to be put on your account about it, engineers check account notes before arriving at the property.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My garden cable is exposed and not in a conduit I cant bury it myself as there is not enough ...

Hi there jcm11,

I am very sorry to hear about all of this.

I am more than happy to arrange an engineer visit for you.

I have sent you a private message for us to discuss this further.

You can locate my message by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know