Menu
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My Ears Are Still Ringing

Our local open air arena staged their usual public fireworks display last night.  It was like World War 3.  Every year it seems to get louder and louder ... whatever happened to the days when fireworks were appreciated for their colourfulness and not how much deafening racket they can produce. I live over a mile away and our building shook several times!

Animals were terrified as were I expect several elderly residents who don't need reminding of wartime conditions.  It's time this nonsense was stopped and a sensible noise cap was introduced for all displays.

Rant over.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Ears Are Still Ringing

this is true on this but other people get them and use them all night and nearly every night too they should only use them on bonfire night and new year but not every night. Dogs do not like fireworks at all but my dog is so used to fireworks he does not bark when fireworks goes off.

It's time this nonsense was stopped and a sensible noise cap was introduced for all.

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Ears Are Still Ringing

I used to live in an area were illegal firework selling was the norm. The fireworks would start around September and continue on to near Christmas, near every day it sounded like I was in a battle zone war front. When I moved away, I was so happy.

Fireworks now are too powerful, too noisy and often illegal sold months in advance before and after the time frame. Personally I want them banned from public purchase, with only government sanctioned and managed displays at most.

Edit: Added a missed word.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.