Menu
Nickisue
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Messy contractors

Having cables laid where I live - think it's for virgin but apologies if not. They have finished my road a few weeks back but left the road and pavement covered in mud and dirt. They are now doing another bit of road and have piled all the tarmac they have removed,along with mud, on the side of the road so it takes one whole lane (it's only s normal two lane estate road) It also spills onto the pavement. There are orange barriers round it but they go onto the pavement and mean people with double buggies can't get by and wheelchairs struggle. There are also bits of mud and stone inthe pavement which make it hard to get even a single buggy by. This has been like this for a few weeks. To make things worse they have dug a hole in the opposite pavement right opposite this mess so there is no pavement either side for wheelchair users or double buggy pushes to go. They are having to walk on the road and as the mess is near a junction and there is a sign saying 'one lane closed' the cars swing round and make a dangerous situation even worse. Virgin must agree this isn't acceptable. I have photos from this morning showing someone with a walking frame having to walk on the road. Am I best to contact my local paper to get something done. Thanks. think it's redhill doing the work
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Messy contractors

Hi you should contact your local authority to see who is doing the work first to of all, as they will issue the permits to carry out this type of work. Then you will know where to place blame. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Nickisue
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Messy contractors

Thanks micky
0 Kudos