Menu
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Merry Christmas everybody and I hope 2017 brings you health, wealth and happiness ..... oh yes, and a better internet connection.    Smiley Very Happy

Robin photographed in my gardenRobin photographed in my garden

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
Martin_D
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS

Merry Christmas

Welcome to the most friendliest community.

Have you got technical problem post it and we will help you fix it.
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A Merry Christmas everyone

3450375yof038j9sf

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Merry Christmas One and All

Mchristmas.gif

MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My last minute Christmas shopping went really well.  I got 2 Christmas puddings in http://www.poundland.co.uk/ for 50p!!!  That's cheaper than https://www.aldi.co.uk/!!!  I'll have one later.  Get ya Christmas cards early for next year!!! Not that I'm Scrooge or anything...Man Wink

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm not quibbling with Jane Asher, but I think the Christmas pudding could have done with a minute or so in the microwave instead of the 30 seconds stated on the packet.  I never follow these instructions and gave it an extra 10 second blast of the magnetron.  I do have one from last year with an April 2017 date on it (a proper full monty one), so that's still good as far as I'm concerned.Man Happy

On the smaller ones, they seem to have cottoned on that people like myself may keep them until the following year and put an expiry date of October 2017.  This, however, hasn't bothered me too much in the past.    Some cards may have the year on the back of them.Man Mad  Old Tesco cards had Merry Christmas 2007 on them which I sent in 2011.Man Sad Needless to say, I didn't get any more.  I now have a source where I can get 12 cards for less than the cost of a (large letter) postage stamp.  Sometimes I can get a box of 50 for £1.  Come January they'll be in the recycle bin.  Not that I'm Scrooge or anything....Man TongueMan Wink

Have some Christmas Kudos on me.Smiley Happy

--
No system is 100% secure
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

LOL your posts always make me smile.

I DONT see it as Scrooge, theres  no shame in being careful with money.

I THINK the 2007 Christmas cards would cross the line in the CFO's book (but to me totally fine) , so I'll  skip that tip for a quiet life LOL   

But the puds? They're steeped in booze and preservatives **bleep** they aint going off any time this side of next millennium... Why pay full whack when you can save a load?

MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When it comes to money, I'm always wide awake.

I blasted the other pudding for one minute, which worked well (it was cooked to my standards)! As for the 2007 Christmas cards, those who received them tend to follow my money saving tips.  A lot of it is trial and error.  I don't have room for a chest freezeer (around £95-200+ from Argos) otherwise it would be full.  The £95 one I would seriously consider buying.

Tinned stuff has been known to be good for 144 years (seriously)!  Whereas modern canning methods may not be as good, you should get edible food for at least 10 years (providing it's not pierced, outside rust is also OK!).  If it doesn't smell anything like it's supposed to, time to get rid.

--
No system is 100% secure
0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I realise that it is no longer Christmas, but if you want really cheap fluorescent tubes/bulbs, get down to B&Q where they're selling them off (various sizes/fittings) cheap.  I picked up 3 1200mm tubes for £1 each (I'd have got more if I hadn't been rudely barged aside, but that would've been overkill).  I'm sorted for the next 45 years according to the packaging...Smiley TongueSmiley Happy

Oddly enough, when the old tube was flickering, my scanner motor acted like i was booting up the computer.Smiley Surprised

--
No system is 100% secure
0 Kudos