Menu
Littlelinz1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Loose manhole cover

Hi virgin,

I am desperate to actually have a response from a person as I've been reporting to the cabinets and plants team and heard nothing. I live on Victoria Street in Grimsby. For the last few weeks my daughter and I have been suffering because your cover outside my window is constantly banging. this road leads to the motorway so from 4am onwards we are continually woke up as it sounds like gun shots. This is affecting school and work. I have these report numbers. 28503428, 28541684 and 28660272. I am ready to take this complaint to the highest level if I cannot get a response soon. Please help x
0 Kudos
Macdemon
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loose manhole cover

If you have a smartphone, you can download an app called 'Fix My Street'.

Once registered, you can use the app to report all sorts of things to the local council, including but not limited to:  blocked drains, abandoned vehicles, faulty street lamps, overgrown trees & hedges, flytipping, graffiti, parking queries or reports, pavement and road repairs, refuse and recycling, and street cleaning issues.

Using the app, you can use GPS and mobile phone basestations to pinpoint your location and then take photos of what you are reporting and it goes straight to the council who then forward the report to the appropriate department.

You can get an email confirmation so it's easy to record when the original report/complaint was sent to them.

This app works VERY well in my borough of Brighton & Hove in East Sussex, and it will be of benefit to you as well.

Hope this helps.

My other TiVo box is an iMac Smiley Very Happy
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Littlelinz1
Firstly my apologies for the repeat issue with the manhole cover.
I will raise this back to the teams for you and get this escalated.
If you can drop me a PM with:
•    Your name
•    Your contact number
•    The location of the cabinet
•    Your preferred contact number
I'll pop that back to the teams for you.  
I should get an answer on Monday for you,

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Littlelinz1

Thank you so much for responding to my PM

I have sent the details off to ask that this be escalated for you and I will keep you posted on the responses I get for you.

Hopefully you'll be back to uninterrupted sleep soon!

Thank you once more.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Littlelinz1

Just for your information my colleague has sent an email this morning to say he is still chasing this for us.

Just wanted you to know this is being supported still and we will absolutely be back as soon as we can with a resolution here for you.

Kind regards,

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Littlelinz1

Many thanks for allowing us the time to support here.

I have had feedback from the area manager this morning who's engineer has attended to advise of the below:

I have contacted my engineer this morning in regards to the chambers at this location.

He has advised that there is another chamber about 50m from each other and that he did not make these chambers safe with tarmac because this would have caused more of a hazard to road users.

The chambers are not in a sunken state therefore applying tarmac to a flush carriageway would then cause a lump in which cars would hit vicariously and would cause damage to the vehicle.

The chambers are nosey in which my engineer lifted the lids and desilted these to stop the banging.

As this seems to be an ongoing issue and a lot of miss communication. I am looking into completing these works this week if possible.

Further to this the manager I escalated this to said:

I will continue to keep tabs on this and email / update throughout the week in regards to completion of the works and the date once the engineers get around to providing this to me for you, apologies it’s taking a long time to sort.

I will keep you posted during the week on the work status.

Kind rgeards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Littlelinz1

These works have now been completed Smiley Happy

Works actioned and completed now, engineers have sent 2 pictures taken from last nights visit

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos