Menu
bruceleeds
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Loose manhole cover

There is a loose manhole cover outside my house in London N1. I have now been reporting it for over 13 months - yes, 13 months, more than a year. I first reported it to Islington Council who told me that it was a Virgin cover and that they had passed on my report to Virgin. I have then reported it using the automated phone system and twice using the online email form. No one from Virgin has even acknowledged the issue, still less done anything to fix the manhole cover. Meanwhile, the noise continues each night on every occasion on which a car passes over the cover right outside my bedroom window. The issue is driving both me and my neighbours to distraction. Could someone at Virgin get a grip of this and do something about the problem?

Yours in hope more than expectation

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loose manhole cover

Hi bruceleeds.

Thank you for bringing this to us on the forums and for getting in touch about the loose manhole cover.

I apologise that this has been an issue for such a long time. Smiley Sad

I'm going to drop a pm to you that you can find in the purple envelope on the top right hand corner of the forums.

In this I can take the details I need again from you in order for us to raise this further.

Hope to speak soon.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi bruceleeds,

We have received an update on this issue today stating that this has now been fixed. Please let us know if you have any further problems.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
bruceleeds
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is becoming a bit of a joke. Having now returned from a Christmas holiday, I can confirm first hand that nothing has been done to resolve this issue. I do not know who provided you with the information that this had been sorted out but they are entirely incorrect.

It is now 15(!) months since I first reported this.