Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17 (246 Views)

Loose cables hanging

i live in a block of maisonettes. For over a year now, several leaseholders have  had loose cables hanging down from our back balconies which looks an absolute eyesore. Wandsworth council apparently have contacted you regarding the issue, but haven't had any joy as in any response.

We now have squirrels 😱 hanging and playing on the wires which is obviously making things worse. Obviously the cables holding the wires have snapped

i would be Very grateful for a response to this matter

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17 (280 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Rockie
3 weeks ago

Re: Loose cables hanging

Your post of (loose cables hanging) is across all flats and apartments in all boroughs in London and it's disgraceful on behalf of the company responsible for them.Your post has been noted for my report to my MP 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Tuning in
Message 12 of 17 (110 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Rockie
Thursday

Hi Rockie

I'm gathering evidence to put to the Channel 4 whistleblower programme Dispatches, And for my MP and also the Ombudsman.I will not stop until I put these broadband companies in order and stop using us as cash machines

Yours Truly

Devine 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17 (206 Views)

Hi Rockie

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about the loose cables that the squirrels seem to find so appealing! I am sorry to hear that this issue has not been resolved for you and the other residents before now. I'd like to thank you for taking the time too to join us on the community and a warm welcome to the forums.

I'd like to pick this up with you and for me to get further information from you if you could please get back to me on the pm that I'm sending to you that you can find in the next to your forum name.

If you could get back in touch with me on this, that would be fab!

Thanks again!

Karen_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17 (177 Views)

Hi Rockie

I know we have been looking into this together over the last week and also that I was off towards the end of last week so unable to update you on this.

Just a catch up to say my colleague has been chasing this for us while I have been off and I can see some pictures have been taken of the cabling plus we have also started looking into the best work around for this on your behalf. As soon as this is mailed to us I'll let you know what's happening.

Cheers

Karen_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17 (174 Views)

Thank you very Karen, hope you enjoyed your break. The cables have actually got worse over the last couple of days due to the strong winds we've had, and have been banging against my bedroom window in the wind.
So pleased I'm getting a response, after all this time.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17 (173 Views)

It's no trouble at all. They've checked and confirmed the cables are indeed ours, sent me a lovely load of pictures of the cables, that were massive files and crashed my mailbox <grins> but it's absolutely great to know they are on top of this for you and both myself and Kath (the colleague who supported me while I was off) will make sure we keep on top of this for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17 (156 Views)

Good morning Rockie

Just an update for you to let you know that the teams are still working to get this sorted for you. I've had a few emails from the area managers at the end of last week looping me in with the progress on this.

I'll keep you updated as soon as I know more.

Thanks again

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17 (281 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Rockie
3 weeks ago

Your post of (loose cables hanging) is across all flats and apartments in all boroughs in London and it's disgraceful on behalf of the company responsible for them.Your post has been noted for my report to my MP 

Tuning in
Message 8 of 17 (136 Views)

Thank you for your interest Divine. I cannot believe that a company this large, has no contact number for repairs to loose wires. If Wandsworth Council who are dealing with this matter cannot get a response, there's not much hope for me, or anyone else come to that. I found this forum by chance, googling obviously, the right words. My next step is also our local M.P, Justine Greening. I'll keep you updated!

devine wrote:

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17 (135 Views)

Thank you Karen for keeping me updated...just hope things are looking up. I will give them a month (max) then I'll be contacting my local M.P Justine Greening!

!

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17 (130 Views)

Hi Rockie

The more pressure we put on our MP's the sooner companies like VM get there house in order and stop taking us for granted,Galvanise your neighbours form a pressure group get signatures then go to your MP with a small group of you to show your MP that you mean business,I have about 400  signatures so far and am only about a month into my campaign, a couple of hours on a Sunday that's all it took in total about 6 hours over the last 3 Sundays. My aim is to raise a question in parliament about broadband companies like VM  on many issues from billing to untrue advertisement of their broadband packages, bad installations of cable by subcontractors and how they treat their customers

Yours Truly Devine   

0 Kudos