Menu
Well-informed
Message 11 of 25 (200 Views)

Re: Long term Virgin customer looking to leave and still cannot get a deal unless I am a new customer **b

Is that Vodafone price for new customers only. If so you could be back to square one in 12 months?
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 25 (195 Views)

Re: Long term Virgin customer looking to leave and still cannot get a deal unless I am a new customer **b

18 months, then I can get the new customer offer from Virgin LOL. I believe the Vodafone offer will still be better even after the 18 months plus I think you get extra discount if you have a mobile with them as well
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 13 of 25 (178 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yep they've changed their pricing recently. Fibre 38 & Fibre 76 used to be £27 & £32 respectively or £23 & £28 if you had a mobile contract with them.

Now the standard price for everyone (excluding offers) is £25 & £30 respectively. They are the cheapest VDSL ISP + they use the Openreach 40/10 tier for their Fibre 38 product unlike similarly priced Plusnet who are still using 40/2.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 100
Phone: Talk Unlimited
Dialled in
Message 14 of 25 (148 Views)

Exactly.  Businesses need to change now (and many are).  Subscription services require loyal customers, it's that simple.  There are more and more choices for customers and it's easy to move provider.  If Virgin don't care about loyalty it's at their cost!

Well-informed
Message 15 of 25 (133 Views)

I'm sure Virgin Media will change if they find they are loosing money. In the meantime you have no choice but to accept their current business model and make your decision on what suits you best. Nothing said on here is likely to change anything, but by all means have a good vent if it helps.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 25 (130 Views)

Well the deed has been done, not only that my two brothers are following suit along with a neighbour. So they have just lost 4 customers and I am sure more will follow. Vodafone here we come at £24 a month 😀
0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 17 of 25 (127 Views)

jnoble100 wrote:

Exactly.  Businesses need to change now (and many are).  Subscription services require loyal customers, it's that simple.  There are more and more choices for customers and it's easy to move provider.  If Virgin don't care about loyalty it's at their cost!

The problem is VM hold a virtual monopoly on high speed (if you're lucky enough to a decent working connection) cable and there are people queuing up for their so-called service on the promise of Nirvana. You only have to look at the number of posts from people complaining that VM hasn't cabled their street yet.  Whilst that supply and demand situation continues, VM are laughing all the way to the bank!

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 18 of 25 (127 Views)

Good price for you all, and the remaining VM customers will be less likely to suffer from overutilisation. Everyone wins except Virgin Media. But Virgin Media will sign up new customers with their discounts and some of you may return, so they may not suffer in the long run.
Dialled in
Message 19 of 25 (115 Views)

Yep and sadly it's going to be like that for a while still.  But Virgin will lose customers who go to other media providers and stay with them for just internet.  I can get 4k content from Netflix and Amazon and soon Apple, and Freeview looks more and more appealing!

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 25 (79 Views)

Well just had a call from Virgin Loyalty team and been given my normal package for a reduced rate of £21. So I have now cancelled the Vodafone deal and am staying with Virgin. Why could they not do this in the first place LOL

0 Kudos