cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live chat

Clisu
Tuning in

Does Live chat work? Have been a Virgin customer for only three months but each time I try to use Live chat during working hours it's never available. Does it really exist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Clisu

I appreciate at the times you have tried speaking to our teams they have been busy and my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

Our Webchat teams can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Their opening hours are: online

Day Open Close

Monday 8am 8pm

Tuesday 8am 8pm

Wednesday 8am 8pm

Thursday 8am 8pm

Friday 8am 8pm

Saturday 9am 5pm

Sunday Closed

Let us know how you get on going forwards!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

paultechy
Alessandro Volta
Yeah it's sadly overused and understaffed, with odds on people asking questions that could be found easily with Google search

Thanks for your reply. Live chat seems to work well with many other companies but I get the understaffed bit!

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Clisu

I appreciate at the times you have tried speaking to our teams they have been busy and my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

Our Webchat teams can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Their opening hours are: online

Day Open Close

Monday 8am 8pm

Tuesday 8am 8pm

Wednesday 8am 8pm

Thursday 8am 8pm

Friday 8am 8pm

Saturday 9am 5pm

Sunday Closed

Let us know how you get on going forwards!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Thanks Karen I appreciate your reply

Same problem here. Never works at any time. Sorry, the team are currently unavailable, please try again during our opening times.

So.....
Monday, 5:20pm and shows chat offline????

Gort
Joining in

I do not think so. I keep trying but no use.

My landline is down and I need it for hospital appointments for my wife. Even more amusing in the help section it says dial 150 for help. No use if the line is bust.

Wolfclaw
Superfast

Sometimes, can you get anything done, no, they don't listen and only care about upselling or trying to entice you to stay !

------------------------------------------------
Gig1 Package
Hub v4 Modem Mode
Asus RT-AX86U
2.5G CAT 7 LAN
Windows Server 2022

My Broadband Ping - Wolfclaw-BBM1

pb78
On our wavelength

I have the same trouble - no live chat no matter what time of the day I try it.  Then of course the alternative is to use the 150 number or use a mobile.  It phone is not working and mobiles are restricted then what are we supposed to do?!!

Our phone line was accidentally chopped into a couple of months ago and despite it being repaired three times now it still doesn't work and more worryingly it seems to have a life of its own and is making phone calls to numbers we have no idea about as people are phoning saying they are returning our call!!  So some immediate chat help would have been gratefully appreciated (before it decides to call numbers randomly across the world!!).  

I know Virgin like everyone else is understaffed but chat is such a useful tool and it also provides a way of recording a conversation for those of us who are forgetful! Please Virgin could you make it more available.