Menu
susan3671
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is virgin really worth it??

I have been trying to call to reduce Bill as hone up but after waiting 30 mum explaining what I want was passed to another person and had to wait 15 mins for them they they went of another 30 mins wait I have up is virgin worth this wasted my morning and are they charging me for call too!!!! Just imagine i recommend them to a neighbour only this week wont again support is awful
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Compbck
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is virgin really worth it??

Hi Susan, As Shane says in a similar fashion to that of the Mobile phone companies using the internal 150 number from a VM phone should get you to a customer service representative within a reasonable time - It always seems to work for me when I call on behalf of my customers.

Also highlighting what Shane touched on about moving to a better service for less - I totally agree with using caution.  I have customers who are using just about every ISP available in the UK, and all at one time or the other have made serious complaints about either the speed or customer service response. Only yesterday when assisting an elderly customer of mine, I could not fathom why a Windows 10 update was literally taking  hours to download,  when it should have been minutes. I managed to determine after arguing with a Sky Support Person, that she was only getting a 1Mbps speed, and bullied them to send out an Engineer, which they reluctantly agreed to do.

I have many other stories in similar vain, so don;t lose heart at this stage - In fact I have found VM to be one of the best that I have been working with, and I need consistency of service for running my own business.

Best of luck.

0 Kudos

All Replies
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

susan3671 wrote:
I have been trying to call to reduce Bill as hone up but after waiting 30 mum explaining what I want was passed to another person and had to wait 15 mins for them they they went of another 30 mins wait I have up is virgin worth this wasted my morning and are they charging me for call too!!!! Just imagine i recommend them to a neighbour only this week wont again support is awful

Assuming you're calling from a virgin line and calling 150 the call is completely free, if you're calling from a non-VM line then your mileage may vary, generally speaking if you're thinking of removing a service you likely won't save as much as you think as you get a discount for multiple services

Compbck
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Susan, As Shane says in a similar fashion to that of the Mobile phone companies using the internal 150 number from a VM phone should get you to a customer service representative within a reasonable time - It always seems to work for me when I call on behalf of my customers.

Also highlighting what Shane touched on about moving to a better service for less - I totally agree with using caution.  I have customers who are using just about every ISP available in the UK, and all at one time or the other have made serious complaints about either the speed or customer service response. Only yesterday when assisting an elderly customer of mine, I could not fathom why a Windows 10 update was literally taking  hours to download,  when it should have been minutes. I managed to determine after arguing with a Sky Support Person, that she was only getting a 1Mbps speed, and bullied them to send out an Engineer, which they reluctantly agreed to do.

I have many other stories in similar vain, so don;t lose heart at this stage - In fact I have found VM to be one of the best that I have been working with, and I need consistency of service for running my own business.

Best of luck.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi susan3671,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about your struggles getting through to the support teams Smiley Sad

Since posting have you been able to get through to the team? If not then give them another try. It may also be worth trying the Web Chat team instead via: Contact Us They may also be able to take a look at your account to see what can be done to reduce costs Smiley Happy

Either way let us know how you get on. We're here to help support wherever we can. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
itscris
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Looks like I am going back to Sky because the plonkers at Virgin constantly spell my name incorrectly and expect me to sign a contract using the incorrect name.
Worst customer service I have ever encountered!
0 Kudos
gypsyqueen
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It is if you are patient and persistent and don't give up.  I only joined a few weeks ago, moved from BT to Virgin, with a few hiccups here and there.  I have found customer service very good thus far and no problem getting through on 150.  I was with Sky, but had a lot of problems and slow speed, moved to BT, few problems speed better than Sky. Customer service was, shall we say, difficult to get hold of.  Overall, so far, Virgin wins, early days so will see how it goes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Really very sorry to hear this itscris, Smiley Sad

Apologies also for the error encountered.

I would love to hear how things have developed for you and if there is anything that I can assist with?

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the positive feedback gypsyqueen,

We really do appreciate it! Smiley Happy

Please let us know if there is anything more that we can help with at all.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos