Menu
Close123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is Netflix free

Hi, is Netflix actually free for a month or is it free for month then your stuck in a long contract. I'd like to have the option of not wanting to carry on using netflix if I don't like it.
0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is Netflix free

If its the deal with Netflix themselves, then all new customers have a months free trial which is then made into a full account after a month unless you cancel with them.

From experience, I cancelled after four days, but still had the free month.

cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Close123 wrote:
Hi, is Netflix actually free for a month or is it free for month then your stuck in a long contract. I'd like to have the option of not wanting to carry on using netflix if I don't like it.

after 30 days netflix is a monthly charge

you can leave any time

at what £7.50 per month for unlimited movies to 2 screens at once , in HD, it's incredible value.

you'd spend that much just on popcorn in one night at a cinema !

if you really begrudge spending even that you can probably get by for a while with free trials in different names on different email accounts, until you run out of unique credit card numbers to sign up with

DuncanP
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It is good value. The only thing I would say and this has to do with copyright, USA has more films then the uk. Unfortunately until agreements are made or you use a vpn you are stuck with uk Netflix. Some great films on there and well worth the money in my opinion..
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

pretty much all VPNs are now blocked by netflix. there is no longer ANY reliable way to watch a different netflix region, and you put your account at risk if you repeatedly trigger detection and blocks.

to be honest though I'd struggle to make a list of worth-watching USA stuff that we don't get in the UK - we get all the Netflix Originals...

i used to use Netflix USA primarily for X-files but amazon video now have all those, and other series I watched on USA e.g. Occupied are now on UK service

DuncanP
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is just a rough estimate, UK Netflix has 3,500 films compared to US with 7000 films. Vpn's are a good way to protect your privacy, bank transactions, and is not illegal to use. All local government departments who use their email outside of their work environment use vpns. It is legal to use vpn's.there are still a couple vpn's that allow different Netflix regions . Many are not working with Netflix. If you value your privacy and and want security and willing to pay then vpn's is the way forward.
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

DONT buy a VPN for netflix. working ones typically last only for days then Netflix stamp on them.

see here

https://www.reddit.com/r/NetflixByProxy/

buy one for other uses if you must but be aware that many sites will them block or ban you unless you remember when to turn it off.

e.g.  using a VPN is an instant no appeal ban at some private torrent sites; stuff like TV anywhere probably won't work ( not that it does much anyway), any site that needs you be in UK like BBC I -player will bug out...

DuncanP
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

1 year later no problems here. Yeah some do bug out, just find a good one to protect your privacy.