Menu
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

IDNET BROADBAND

had a email from think broadband today a weekly news summary.one of the things that interested me was IDNET broadband anyone have any experiences with them

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: IDNET BROADBAND

Never heard of them, looks like a typical ADSL provider, they quote me the exact same speeds as BT do for my area so its using the BT network

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This link: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/4269875-how-good-are-idnet.html?fpart=all has a lot of people discussing how good they're or not and what kind of options the ISP has.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

had a good look at IDNET tonight and through the forum there are some complaints but not thousands like. kind of narrowing things down between PLUSNET, SKY, and IDNET.

0 Kudos
Andre12390
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am with them, what are you looking to know?

Latency: Top notch, their peering with other networks is very good when compared with other ISP's such as Talktalk, Vodafone and BT.  EE is quite good for latency too but one advantage idnet have is the option to turn on or off interleaving (very important), this can mean the difference between getting 6ms ping on ADSL to 20+ms

Speeds: The speeds are quite good, when I was with Talktalk they only acknowledged speed issues if it was below my minimum threshold. With idnet I do not notice any change of speed at any time of the day (although I believe there is a slight premium price on having speed priority over other customers at the exchange)

Customer Service: Tech support are very helpful and operate 24/7 hours a day (which is great) and they are UK based so it's easier to get your point across

If you'd like anything information, (pings etc) let me know

0 Kudos