Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 10 (346 Views)

I am desperate to be a Virgin Media customer .....

Hi Guys,

I am not sure this is the correct board but please let me know. I am a desperate BT user and want VM Broadband. I keep seeing a team digging up our road Manor park drive, RG404XE, but when I access the checker it states Cable is not available as yet. Now I can see the guys working but wanted it confirmed I could get VM in the next 6 months. But, 'Computer says No'  is there anyone physically I can ask to confirm that I can get this. Also a mate around the corner, Nine Mile Ride, RG404HY wants to know if he can get it. He is willing to give up some of his drive for a Cabinet to be installed!!

Its just that the systems aren't being updated as yet.

Many thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 10 (323 Views)

Re: I am desperate to be a Virgin Media customer .....

Register your interest in VM services via here, link: http://virg.in/cmsforum - have your friend do the same. The more people in your locality you get to use the page, the more chance there is of VM extending their network into your area, esp. if you reside in what would be considered an in-fill job.

Someone from VM should get back to you about your interest in VM services.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 10 (234 Views)

Hi there, well it gets more interesting......

Virgin are floodwiring the area, but still i have no possibility to get Virgin. So I pop into my local branch... they confirm that my post code should give me a service ...... but.... there is a problem. So they very kindly phoned the engineering team and asked why my stretch of road can not be covered by VM? They said (to him) there was a road in the way and they cant get a line across. Now this sound far too simple to me. A road? Surely all routes encounter a road.

So my ask is, does anyone have a number so I could call engineering and ask them why? I and my neigbours have registered every year for the past 5 years on cablemystreet, but not even an update email. Who can I turn to, who could have an Adult converstation about this? As mentioned before I will give some land to VM so they can house a box outside my house, if that helps.

Its so dis-embodied, its very frustrating. I am sure in the end I wont get VM, but I would like to make sure I have tried everything.

Many thanks

Tallguy1967

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 10 (216 Views)

[ Edited ]

Is your road unadopted (not council owned)? Private roads very rarely get cabled.

Are there any other issues that are non-standard (no pavement, block paved road). This can also affect the build expence wise.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 10 (206 Views)

Hi Nodrogd,

Alas this is a B3430 road, is a main road in the area.There has been lots of development going on so I cannot see a reason as to why a Fibre cable could not run along the road.

POST CODE RG404HY for your reference.

If I could speak with someone who could logically explain I could accept it. But all I have is misinformation.

Mike

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10 (185 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi there tallguy1967,

Very sorry for any inconvenience caused with this.

I'd like to flag this over to another team to investigate further.

In order for me to do this, could you send me a private message with the following information?:

• Name of the account holder
  • Home address

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10 (162 Views)

Thanks for coming back to me with this information Mike,

I've emailed the relevant department for more information regarding this.

I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as I receive a response.

Are both properties relatively new-build by any chance?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10 (122 Views)

Hi again tallguy1967,

I've since heard back from the team regarding this and they've advised that they will look into this for you.

Just checking in to see if you've heard back from them directly at all?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 10 (47 Views)

Hi there,

I hope this is in the forum and NOT a direct message.

So the situation is unchanged. Virgin Media are flood writing the area. However I cannot get VM. After going to the shop in Reading they kindly spoke to 'someone' who confirmed that we couldn't get Virgin because ....... wait for it ...... there is a road in the way. I would have thought this is a common issue in the UK  Smiley Happy

But without being flippant, I really would like Virgin Media, I will give you some land for a cabinet, right beside a street light for power. Please can someone suggest a real person that could logically explain why I cannot get VM. I will accept it.

Things I have tried:-

1. Cable my street, I have registered for the past 4 years, every 6 months.

2. Visited the shop to gain real advice - done, didn't move on.

3. Used the forum and a very kind moderator took up my cause. I was awaiting a call back from another department. So after waiting 3 months I Private messaged the moderator. I was then told off never to Private message the moderator. And please start the thread again.

4. Here I am.

So if someone could speak to me and explain to me why we cannot get VM I will accept this. VM has to balance the expenditure to the returns they will get from subscribing customers. I agree, but I don't agree that I wont get VM because of a ..... road.

Any advice please is honestly appreciated.

and to the moderator who tried to help. Thank you.

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10 (22 Views)

Hey Mike

Let's see if we can find out more for you and maybe solve the 'Case of the Inconvenient Road'

If you can pop a PM back to me with your name and full address I'll see what we can do Smiley Happy

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my profile link Karen_A
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Hope to speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos