Menu
Timwilky
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hows this for a change :- Happy

Now then VM I summoned the courage to phone customer services and order an upgrade to the 200Mb gamer package. I had hoped the £48 a month increase with £43 install proposed by the website was a mistake and indeed that was the case. It was about a fiver with 15 quid fee.

But, I was disappointed when the rep said I needed a hub 3 as I know there are ongoing problems with modem mode. Nievely I accepted his promise that they were fixed and agreed delivery for yesterday and the box arrived.

Plugged it in, phoned the quickstart number, rebooted and it all worked. Set it to modem mode and plugged my firewall back in place and everything works. I guess that is how it is suppossed to be.

Even better, I checked the CMTS mac and I am on a Cisco. So no naughty port flapping.

Then today, a new contract arrives, Despite increasing my package. New discounts. I am paying a couple of quid less for the next year than I was before the "Upgrade"

Happy (For a change)

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hows this for a change :- Happy

You jammy dodger.    Smiley LOL

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Timwilky wrote:

Now then VM I summoned the courage to phone customer services and order an upgrade to the 200Mb gamer package. I had hoped the £48 a month increase with £43 install proposed by the website was a mistake and indeed that was the case. It was about a fiver with 15 quid fee.

But, I was disappointed when the rep said I needed a hub 3 as I know there are ongoing problems with modem mode. Nievely I accepted his promise that they were fixed and agreed delivery for yesterday and the box arrived.

Plugged it in, phoned the quickstart number, rebooted and it all worked. Set it to modem mode and plugged my firewall back in place and everything works. I guess that is how it is suppossed to be.

Even better, I checked the CMTS mac and I am on a Cisco. So no naughty port flapping.

Then today, a new contract arrives, Despite increasing my package. New discounts. I am paying a couple of quid less for the next year than I was before the "Upgrade"

Happy (For a change)

The SH3 requirement is actually just a lie they are giving out to try and get people to just use this abomination they spent money developing, i ordered the 200 gamer and was sent out a SH3, after i noticed several design flaws and that the unit was NOT fit for purpose i spoke to india and told them to reactivate my old SH2, which she did, so i can confirm that the SH2 can handle the config file and the speeds just fine so there isn't actually a valid reason for them to force the defective SH3 on people other than they now have loads of them in a warehouse that nobody wants

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good to hear a happy tale on here. My monthly bill also went down after I went to Vivid 200 Gamer and I have had no issues with the speeds or the HUB (getting higher than the speeds advertised).

The problem with sites like this is that you only see the people with issues. Exceedingly rare for people that are happy with their set up to post to help forums, so it comes over that *everyone* has bad issues with VM which simply isn't true.

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are correct!

I posted here about 8 weeks ago that I had changed to SH3 - self-installed - no problems at that time..

Now 8 weeks later still no problems ...!

Credit due where due... etc etc   ... ZVNL...

0 Kudos
Compbck
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Likewise I joined VM in July 2016 - Everything was ordered via their website, and I never spoke to a human being until the engineer arrived promptly on the due installation day. New cables installed from the street, neat hole in my new home office wall, SH3 configured and I was back running my business within the statutory 20 minutes.

To date everything has been running great and I often get speeds faster than the ordered 100Mbps package, and still enjoying the £32 a month introductory offer for a 12 month period.

VM certainly have not let me down.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

shanematthews wrote:

Timwilky wrote:

Happy (For a change)

The SH3 requirement is actually just a lie they are giving out to try and get people to just use this abomination they spent money developing, i ordered the 200 gamer and was sent out a SH3, after i noticed several design flaws and that the unit was NOT fit for purpose i spoke to india and told them to reactivate my old SH2, which she did, so i can confirm that the SH2 can handle the config file and the speeds just fine so there isn't actually a valid reason for them to force the defective SH3 on people other than they now have loads of them in a warehouse that nobody wants

Wrong. The ViVid 200 Gamer does not have a config file for anything other then the Hub 3.0. End off. I cannot have Gamer on my account even though I have a active Hub 3.0 provisioned because I also have a Superhub 2AC Provisioned and active on the same account and it would just simply stop working as it would keep rejecting the config file not meant for it. I know as I have tried and though it did work on my Hub 3.0 my SH2AC (and also tested by swapping to SH2) both will not accept the config. So again its not a lie. VM did not make a Config file for the 200Gamer for any other modem apart from the new Hub 3 and with good reason as the Hub 3 can lock a lot more downstream and upstream channels then the 2 and 2AC.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).