Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6 (119 Views)

How useful is this Community/

I ask the question as:

1.  Most questions I have, have been posted by others multiple times

2.  The questions are viewed+++, but not answered.

3.  I see that an VM staff answers, seem to start with "sorry for delay in response", coming several days after the question was posted.  Usually are further questions, which 3 days later, the person having the problem isn't likely to be online, or had the patience to wait.

4.  Most questions are never "resolved", so one can't get the help expected.

Seems endless question, but little actual help.

Sorry just my observation, comparing to other techy and self help sites.  It almost seems to be a diversion for problems for VM, rather than consistent real help.  Not to say there are not occasional good entries, but zero consistency.

Regards

Dr Dave111

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 6 (116 Views)

Re: How useful is this Community/

This is a community forum for user to user support. There are lots of solved problrms but most people are rude and never come back to say things that worked. they just leave when things are fixed.

If you need a faster reply the phone line is always the way to go
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6 (113 Views)

Thanks Apcyberax.

Having inconsistent broadband.
80-100mbs, instead of 200mbs. Used to get 200mbs
Sent new Superhub 3.0 - green arrows constantly on, forever, despite reset, reboot etc. No internet connectivity.

Have switched back to my older Hub 3.0 now, which works.

It's just that this VM broadband, good when it's working, but so time consuming when it's glitchy!
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6 (112 Views)

I have searched the forum, and loads of people have same problem, but never really "solved".

Perhaps the moderators can update, as to what worked.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 5 of 6 (104 Views)

Dr_Dave111 wrote:
Thanks Apcyberax.

Having inconsistent broadband.
80-100mbs, instead of 200mbs. Used to get 200mbs
Sent new Superhub 3.0 - green arrows constantly on, forever, despite reset, reboot etc. No internet connectivity.

Have switched back to my older Hub 3.0 now, which works.

It's just that this VM broadband, good when it's working, but so time consuming when it's glitchy!

If you were able to go back to your old hub and find it still works that would imply that the new hub was never actually provisioned on your account.  Did you ring the activation line when you received the new hub to get it set up on your account?

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6 (84 Views)

yes when things are fixed most do not come back again unless something goes wrong. i know a few happy virgin customers with no issues at all. they never come on here. why would they. those that are on here are the helpers and the complainers not the satisfied.