Menu
manamaga
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

How much are you paying?

Out of pure morbid curiosity, I wanted to compare how much people were paying for their packages and what equipment you have.  I wonder how many people are paying vastly different prices for the same deals?  I'll start the proceedings:

TV - Mix (M+) with Tivo 1TB box

Broadband - Vivid 100 with superhub 2

Telephone - Talk Weekends 

Monthly price - £46.48

This could be interesting :-)

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: How much are you paying?

Vivid 300 broadband only with Hub 3.0 (but my own router)... £54ish

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

manamaga wrote:

Out of pure morbid curiosity, I wanted to compare how much people were paying for their packages and what equipment you have.  I wonder how many people are paying vastly different prices for the same deals?  I'll start the proceedings:

TV - Mix (M+) with Tivo 1TB box

Broadband - Vivid 100 with superhub 2

Telephone - Talk Weekends 

Monthly price - £46.48

This could be interesting :-)

This could be trivially interesting and also grossly misleading/misrepresentative because you have no way of weeding out the "willy-wavers" or authenticating any posts to include even the basics of Contract Term, loyalty & additional discounts(payments for degraded service), actual QoE, LRS, Trial participation inter alia.....

So if some user states they have both V200/12 via SH2AC and V200/20 Gamer via SH3, Tivo 1GB V6, Full TV, Big K for £65 pcm avg then that is totally meaningless out of full context.

eg If you have the "Fun Bundle" for £46pcm which is currently advertised for £49 (for first 12mths - then £60pcm) and have a Tivo V6 then you're probably doing ok and even better if you're in your second year?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
manamaga
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yeah. What you said!

Jesus, it's not scientific research I'm carrying out! It's just getting a general feel. Stick to your binary ;-)
0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

100mbps+home phone

last time i looked 32 quid

sh2ac

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Think you should really be looking at tier/services and total cost. Equipment is a red herring

Example - a user has 2 V6's . They've paid full whack for both and their contract is 2 quid lower lower than someone with two 500GB TiVos and the same package, cause they have a loyalty discount.

Suddenly it looks like user way is getting way better value, but in actual fact they've paid quite a bit more over the course of a (say) 2 year contract.

As for me = 100Mb/M phone/TV XL - 59 quid.

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Talk Weekends Caller ID.. VIVID 100 Optical Fibre... Loyalty Customer Offer Code 

Promotional offer(s) CR £8.0  package total £37.48  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

70Mb Broadband only, at £16.32 last I checked.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Shelke that looks good although the site quotes more, http://tinyurl.com/hv5zpcb  you must be on offers Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Buffer6 wrote:

@Shelke that looks good although the site quotes more, http://tinyurl.com/hv5zpcb  you must be on offers Smiley Wink

@Buffer6 Yeap, but as any discount has a fixed period, I'm heading towards having to renew contract this year.

Also, what is saving me money is: If you recontract to 70Mb to 150Mb (the two special free speed upgrade tiers) then you can save money. How? Well as neither of those two special free speed upgrade tiers are on sale, they carry over your current contracts monthly price. Rather than apply the new standard price for that level of service! #tip and couple that with asking for a discount = extra saving.

The problem there is, they'll almost certainly be unable to renew to me to 70Mb with a new discount. But I will push the boat there so to speak, as when I contracted to 70Mb, they said that a fair amount of customers were unable to contract to 70Mb+discount. We'll, I'll deal with it best as I can then.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.