Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2 (69 Views)

How do i find if plans are in place for my community (Cable My Street)

Hi VM Community, 

I have been registered on CMS (Cable My Street) for about a year, and checking it seems to show as if more or less the whole of my village nearly has requested services.

Huncote (village in which i live) has very poor VDSL/ADSL planning and cables were put in place by contracters that has really impacted on the villages only form of connectivity for broadband and phone.

I joined BT a few years back, and i was the 3rd customer in the area to receive FTTC VDSL, speeds were at 80mbps, happy days. Since then, The single cab serving huncote has been crammed from over capacity and expansion to about 400 more homes off a single cab, my line from a healthy 80mbps in 2014, has now dropped to a 25mbps line due to over capacity and crosstalk all over the lines.

Being the way contractors layed the cable, the Cab is roughly 400m away, and my line being told by a Openreach engineer is about 850m long, and they no longer have the added bandwidth to shove down the line to accomodate for the drop in speed.

Anyway, BT have a lot of problems and im not here about that and went slighly off topic there for a minute Smiley Very Happy 

So, how would i find out if VM plans to rollout to my area, as i must admit, the 2 roads in and out the village are very dodgy so i can see why they have missed us and connected surrounding villages, Cable My Street isn't cutting it for me, as it said before they plan to connect us but cant say when, and now it does not.

If im honest, i cant wait to get rid of BT Smiley Mad Smiley Very Happy

Any help would be appreciated, thanks for reading!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2 (43 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by JayeBMX
Wednesday

Re: How do i find if plans are in place for my community (Cable My Street)

Hi JayeBMX,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post.

I can understand your enthusiasm for wanting to be connected to our services, especially if your current provider isn't cutting it! Unfortunately the only thing you can do is to keep checking with Cable My Street and they will give an update when more information is available.  There is nothing that we can look at from our end to get any more details I'm afraid.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that you receive some good news through soon.

Kind regards

Elaine

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2 (44 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by JayeBMX
Wednesday

Re: How do i find if plans are in place for my community (Cable My Street)

Hi JayeBMX,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post.

I can understand your enthusiasm for wanting to be connected to our services, especially if your current provider isn't cutting it! Unfortunately the only thing you can do is to keep checking with Cable My Street and they will give an update when more information is available.  There is nothing that we can look at from our end to get any more details I'm afraid.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that you receive some good news through soon.

Kind regards

Elaine

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules