Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8 (291 Views)

Has my house been missed?

[ Edited ]

Virgin Media's contractors have recently been cabling my area (Aston, Sheffield) but have literally stopped their trench (now covered over with tarmac) at the side of my house...all other houses have  a little box in the path in front of each house...but not mine.  I asked one of their workers (now working in other parts of the estate) and he said that they'd probably missed my house in the effort to tidy up pre Christmas.  I've waited years for cable to arrive in my area and would be bitterly disappointed if the opportunity has gone.  Can anyone suggest who I can contact please?  I spoke to VM and they just said that it was coming to my area and couldn't provide any further information.  We've even had a leaflet through the letter box...but when I sent a text (as instructed on the leaflet), VM called me back, asked for my postcode then said it wasn't currently available.  Any suggestions as to who I can contact?  Many thanks.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8 (364 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by timworne
‎28-02-2017 22:35

Re: Has my house beem missed?

Hi timworne.

The teams have come back to me rather quickly with their updates and have advised of the below.

The address you have provided is part of an active job that has been issued to our build partners.

They have provided an estimated completion date for their civils/cabling work of late June/ early July 2017

Once that has been done, the job will need to go through network activation and we have an estimated completion date for that piece of work of the first week of July.

Following that, the job will be quality checked and have to go through the release process so, on the dates provided, we would suggest an availability date of around mid July.

****Please note that all dates provided are only estimated to allow for any unforeseen issues that may cause the dates to move out.****

If you wish to come back to us for a further update closer to the date mentioned above, please do so and ensure you quote the reference number for this job which is NBU 36872 .

We can then chase this with the teams again for you for further updates.

Thanks again!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8 (246 Views)

Hi timworne

Welcome to the Community, sorry to hear that your not able to get our service at the moment.

I'd like to ask our back office team for any information regarding the cabling of your area, to do that I'd need to ask for some information from you. I've sent you a private message to request this information, you can view that by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8 (229 Views)

Thank you Craig. I have replied to your message.

Regards

Tim
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 8 (225 Views)

It is quite common that this happens, & it used to happen with some of the original cable builds. Sometimes half a street would be left off the build due to time constraints. If you sign up & a tee cannot be found or is blocked, a construction team will be called in to do the work. Hopefully if they do this quickly it can be done under the existing work permits.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Message 5 of 8 (194 Views)

Hi timworne

Thanks for getting back to Craig with your details

I can see that they have not yet popped back to him with an update on this for you so I am chasing this on your behalf as Craig is not in today.

I'll keep you posted as soon as the build teams get back to me to let you know what we can about the potential for getting your property cabled Smiley Happy

Take care and hope to speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Message 6 of 8 (365 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by timworne
‎28-02-2017 22:35

Hi timworne.

The teams have come back to me rather quickly with their updates and have advised of the below.

The address you have provided is part of an active job that has been issued to our build partners.

They have provided an estimated completion date for their civils/cabling work of late June/ early July 2017

Once that has been done, the job will need to go through network activation and we have an estimated completion date for that piece of work of the first week of July.

Following that, the job will be quality checked and have to go through the release process so, on the dates provided, we would suggest an availability date of around mid July.

****Please note that all dates provided are only estimated to allow for any unforeseen issues that may cause the dates to move out.****

If you wish to come back to us for a further update closer to the date mentioned above, please do so and ensure you quote the reference number for this job which is NBU 36872 .

We can then chase this with the teams again for you for further updates.

Thanks again!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Joining in
Message 7 of 8 (171 Views)

Thank you...excellent news. Looking forward to July!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8 (159 Views)

Just drop back on this thread Tim and we can pick this up again for you as we can then see all the information we need to go ahead and check back in with the teams again for you

Take care and if you need anything else, just drop back with a new post to us Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team