Menu
Ph1llip
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Get Sky for a block of flats

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a single Sky dish to serve a block of flats. My lease says I can't have a Sky dish but the landlord might allow a single one that caters for everyone. Virgin and TiVo are next to useless and I'd love to return to Sky.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Get Sky for a block of flats

Post in a Sky forum?!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ph1llip wrote:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a single Sky dish to serve a block of flats. My lease says I can't have a Sky dish but the landlord might allow a single one that caters for everyone. Virgin and TiVo are next to useless and I'd love to return to Sky.

In other words, he will only allow it to be installed if you do so as a collective entity. You would have to have an agreement with all the people in the flats that they would contribute to installing & maintaining the satellite infrastructure. Also any external additions (dishes over a certain size etc) may require you to have planning permission.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Here's the link to the Sky support community for any future queries like this about Sky you may have: http://helpforum.sky.com/

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos