Menu
Se99
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Free number from mobile

Hi does anyone have a free number to call Virgin from a mobile?

ive tried 0800 640 8801, 0345 454111, 0800 0520422 but all say busy or ring out?

thanks

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free number from mobile

What happens if you simply dial 150

Sorry forget that, misread your post and I assume you don't have access to a VM phone.  Smiley Embarassed

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Se99
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm not with Virgin mobile I'm afraid and don't have a landline!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So there is no free number from non-VM phones. VM's phone service is temporarily out of action today. The number you'll want 0345 454 1111

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hiya @Se99 you could try the online chat via http://contact.virginmedia.com (using PC/laptop) but this is a very popular method of contact so might take some time.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HowardML wrote:
 VM's phone service is temporarily out of action today. 

They'll need to phone their customer support ..... oh wait.     rofldog.jpg

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A freephone number for contacting them from a landline or mobile would be 0800 052 0422 (Select option 4 and then 2).

You did quote this number originally but they have been having phone problems.  This puts you through to the same departments as calling 150 or the chargeable 0345 454 1111 number.

Hope this helps

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

backtothefuture wrote:

A freephone number for contacting them from a landline or mobile would be 0800 052 0422 (Select option 4 and then 2).

You did quote this number originally but they have been having phone problems.  This puts you through to the same departments as calling 150 or the chargeable 0345 454 1111 number.

Hope this helps

Although if you're on a mobile contract the 03 number will be included in your inclusive minutes

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

shanematthews wrote:.....Although if you're on a mobile contract the 03 number will be included in your inclusive minutes

Possibly not if you're on a legacy VM PAYG Mobile tariff but that said I did inadvertently ring 150 f.o.c on my VM Mob last year.....  (Naturally trying to explain I was remoting in to my SH3 40miles away was ultimately a non starter for Level 1 CallCentre but at least it didn't cost me anything except 10minutes of side-splitting hilarity.......  ) 

0800 5610056 also works as 150 equivalent but previously it didn't used to cover VM  subscribers w/o an inclusive landline subscription....    Smiley Sad   

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

horseman wrote:

shanematthews wrote:.....Although if you're on a mobile contract the 03 number will be included in your inclusive minutes

Possibly not if you're on a legacy VM PAYG Mobile tariff but that said I did inadvertently ring 150 f.o.c on my VM Mob last year.....  (Naturally trying to explain I was remoting in to my SH3 40miles away was ultimately a non starter for Level 1 CallCentre but at least it didn't cost me anything except 10minutes of side-splitting hilarity.......  ) 

0800 5610056 also works as 150 equivalent but previously it didn't used to cover VM  subscribers w/o an inclusive landline subscription....    Smiley Sad   

Well i did say "contract" PAYG isn't a contract Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos