Menu
RockChick
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Expansion Team Contractors have definitely missed my house!

Hi all!
There are contractors laying the street cables in the Leeds 25 (Kippax) area - apparently there has been more than one company involved whilst they work all over the village.
I live in a semi-detached bungalow on a corner between a cul-de-sac (which has had all its ground cables laid) and quite a main road (which has had ground cables laid up to but not including my house and my adjoining neighbour's).
It almost looks like they've started at both ends and failed to meet in the middle - missing only our two houses!  They were definitely supposed to fit a cable point outside my house as there's one of those boxes drawn on the pavement at the point where my garden wall joins my neighbour's.
I asked one of another team of contractors in the area to have a look and he did phone a site manager to tell them we'd been missed - the boss was supposed to come back to me with a response - no prizes for guessing that he didn't.
I've wasted no end of money on phone calls to various parts of the Virgin empire trying to get through to someone 'in the know' to no avail and I am worried that the contractors will leave Kippax never having fitted my cable point nor my neighbours and we'll be stuck with only Sky forever.
Somebody must be able to speak with me about it and tell me what's going on with our two houses - but nobody on the end of a phone at Virgin seems to be that person or know where to find them.
Can anybody help?!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Expansion Team Contractors have definitely missed my house!

Hi RockChick, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us and wanting to take our services. 

If there is going to be a cabinet placed outside your property, it's likely they will install the cables needed at that point. They wouldn't dig the cables in and then re-dig to get the cabinet up and running Smiley Happy 

Since you posted, has anyone been in touch to confirm what's happening? Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos