Menu
stucathome
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Does Virgin actually give a XXXX?

Last Tuesday, I received a note through my door telling me that Virgin were doing some work, and my service might be disrupted for up to 4 hours. 6 hours later, I received an email to tell me it was done. I had no broadband, TV or phone, so it wasn't done as far as I was concerned. I called customer services, who told me it would be finished 'very soon'. At 6 o'clock I called again, only to be told it would be fixed by 11. I knew this was an outright lie, as the engineers had buggered off already. Next morning I called again, to be told an engineer would be round Thursday afternoon. I told the guy I wanted to complain and he told me he'd logged my complaint. I called later to check that the appointment was in the book, and was told that my complaint hadn't been logged, so the guy I had spoken to earlier had told me another lie.

When the engineer turned up, she got straight to work and fixed the fault as quickly as she could - she was both professional and pleasant.

Why didn't Virgin forewarn me about the work, why did they lie to me and why haven't they responded to my complaint? I'm involved in starting a new business and Virgin was our preferred broadband provider.

Not any more.

jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does Virgin actually give a XXXX?

some works are carried out at the last minute. when we had bt same thing happened, we had a problem a couple of years ago but the engineers had to go as there was a more serious problem affecting many more users so they left and returned the following day.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

jamesofmerton wrote:
some works are carried out at the last minute. when we had bt same thing happened, we had a problem a couple of years ago but the engineers had to go as there was a more serious problem affecting many more users so they left and returned the following day.

But, as the OP says, it is all about communication which VM never seem to manage to do properly.

Most people accept that problems can happen, that is life. Being left in the dark by a company who operate in the communications field is what people find difficult to accept.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

stucathome wrote:

Last Tuesday, I received a note through my door telling me that Virgin were doing some work, and my service might be disrupted for up to 4 hours. 6 hours later, I received an email to tell me it was done. I had no broadband, TV or phone, so it wasn't done as far as I was concerned. I called customer services, who told me it would be finished 'very soon'. At 6 o'clock I called again, only to be told it would be fixed by 11. I knew this was an outright lie, as the engineers had buggered off already. Next morning I called again, to be told an engineer would be round Thursday afternoon. I told the guy I wanted to complain and he told me he'd logged my complaint. I called later to check that the appointment was in the book, and was told that my complaint hadn't been logged, so the guy I had spoken to earlier had told me another lie.

When the engineer turned up, she got straight to work and fixed the fault as quickly as she could - she was both professional and pleasant.

Why didn't Virgin forewarn me about the work, why did they lie to me and why haven't they responded to my complaint? I'm involved in starting a new business and Virgin was our preferred broadband provider.

Not any more.

That about sums up Virgin IMHO

Great people on the ground. A+

Communication?  Z-

Must try harder....