Menu
Lmsdav
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Disconnection

Virgin unceremoniously turned off my service at 1 second past midnight. Although I have no broadband until the bt engineer arrives I couldn't be happier. Good riddance to appalling VM at last. Worst broadband and worst service ever. Low expectations of bt but at least they're not vm
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnection

good luck with your new provider bt that will cost you more in long run and you think bt can be wrost in broadband area just wait and see you will not get the speed that you will get and will take you longer time with cs i know becuse i am still with them too if you miss any payments with bt they will add alot to your bill even if they disconnect you they add like £25 to your bill if problems lay on your land you will end up with a bill £150 with virgin media it is free unlimited call outs but i had this problem with speeds before with bt it took me like 9 mouths to get sorted every provider has there problems and bt, ee, or vodafone or sky or plusnet i was with ee before it has more Worst broadband and worst service and there cs don't care at all with bt it can be more money in long runs and not cheaper at all even when there discounts run out even on top side can be like £50 odd or more and they been on bbc watchdog about there speeds other then that good luck on it

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnection

Lmsdav wrote:
Virgin unceremoniously turned off my service at 1 second past midnight. Although I have no broadband until the bt engineer arrives I couldn't be happier. Good riddance to appalling VM at last. Worst broadband and worst service ever. Low expectations of bt but at least they're not vm

Well if that was the date you said you wanted it terminated then thats a perfectly valid time to do it, they have engineers who work through the night so they can just swing by and physically disconnect anything that needs removing during what is considered "off-peak" time

Hope you enjoy your new ADSL service, can't say i would ever go back to that, way too many variables involved in getting a decent service, i looked at BT infinity in my area and was only guaranteed 60mbps at the same price i am paying for my 200mbps from VM, bit of a no brainer in my case Smiley Tongue