Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (91 Views)

Digging on my property without permission

I am not a Virgin customer but they are digging up my street. That's bad enough but I came home from work today and they have dug up my Monobloc and driveway without my permission. Surely that can't be legal? I am discussing wth my lawyer tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 4 (72 Views)

Virgin Media digging up my driveway

I knew Virgin Media are doing a big installation of their cables and knew it was going to be inconvenient. However I came home from work yesterday and they have dug up my front garden, including grass and Monobloc. Do they have the right to dig up my property and do they have the skills to put it back as it was. Surely not legal? I am going to consult my lawyer but would welcome your comments.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 3 of 4 (62 Views)

Re: Virgin Media digging up my driveway

are you 100% sure its your garden and not access area owned by the council - if it is your land contact the council in the first instance - they should be over seeing the work

Tony
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 4 (56 Views)

Re: Virgin Media digging up my driveway

[ Edited ]

Virgin Media should only dig where the council have confirmed that the land is either council owned or managed, or it's part of a service strip. At no stage can Virgin Media dig on private property without the consent of the owner.

The first thing you should do is confirm that the land in question is 100% within your property boundary as shown on your property documents, and then you'll need to establish whether the council records match yours, as my understanding is that Virgin Media will have planned their dig based on the records held with by your local council (and possibly also the land registry).

Once you've been able to confirm the legal status and ownership of the section of land, then you will be able to liaise with Virgin Media to resolve the state of any land that is within your property boundary.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos