Menu
David_24
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Damage to Vehicle

Good Morning,

Yesterday my car was damaged whilst work on my street was carried out. No warning was given that these groundworks were being carried out and as a consequence my car sustained damage due to debris as the saw and digger carried out the work just inches from my car. As Virgin is the overall contractor for this work could you help. The work was carried out from 5 p.m till 8 p.m.
Please contact me if you need further information.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damage to Vehicle

Hi David_24

I appreciate you getting in touch about the works that were carried out and the damage this has caused to your car.

Given what you have said we would look into this for you as soon as possible with our contractor partners and pass them all the relevant details needed for them to contact you to discuss this further.

For me to escalate this to them, if you could pop back to me in a private message and let me know your name, address and preferred contact number.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to advise further.

Many thanks.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hey David

Many thanks for your PM back to me. Much appreciated.

I've flagged all the relevant details to our area managers and asked that they look into this for you.

I have included your contact details for them to give you a call.

If you do not hear back from them by the middle of next week if you could pop back here to us and let us know so we can re-escalate this on your behalf.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
David_24
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Karen,
Thank you very much for your help.
To be honest I thought my complaint would have fell on deaf ears.
I really appreciate your sencerity.
If I'd just been giving at least a day's notice I would have moved my car, but as it was they just left my car within their cordoned off area and proceeded with the work.
My initial reaction was horror when I seen the state of my car but slightly relieved that it wasn't as bad as it looked as it could have been a lot worse. The bonnet is severely scratched from debris i.e grit and stones and a large indent on my radiator, which I presume was caused from a stone as they cut through the tarmac on the pavement. The car is drivable though. The saddest thing was that as I approached the car and stood back in utter shock, I said to the builder that was in the trench just a foot from my car "look at the state of my car" and he just shrugged his shoulder with not a jot of concern. A cover over the bonnet and radiator grill would have sufficed but they didn't care.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

That's hardly the best experience at all is it Smiley Sad

I'll keep in touch with you David and we'll work with you to hopefully get this sorted for you.

Thanks again and catch you next week.

Karen_A

Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi David.

I can see from my emails that this was assigned for a colleague to contact you.

Can you let me know if this has been resolved for you?

I have emailed a chaser this morning to check and confirm this has been attended to on your behalf.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

Thanks for your PM to me about the contact chase up Smiley Happy

I have checked back in with the teams to see if they can provide an update for me on this. I believe the last communication they sent was to state they were looking into this with their teams as we do have a dedicated team that handles damage complaints.

As soon as I hear back I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

You will find it hard to prove what your are claiming...Thats from years of working with insurance, no contracter will admit anything of the sort.

Unless you got CCTV, Im just letting you know before you get your hopes of a cheq comin in da post.

0 Kudos
David_24
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Karen.
0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

You can play the game of ignoring the post all you like, just remember what I said.

Insurance claims have to be proven unless admitted by an individual whom IF it did happen , will not risk their employment.

Il leave you to it!

0 Kudos