Menu
Pws7482
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cut up by virgin media driver

I have just been shouted at and cut up by a virgin media van reg Hv15 csu today at around 4:50am on kirkstall road Leeds. The man stated I was about to run him off the road, which is hard to comprehend when was behind me. He simply refused to let me join from the filter lane by driving up close to the car in front of him, blocking my access. His problem was he wanted to get ahead by one car. At no point did I try to push my car in front of him to jump the queue - if that was the case I would have had plenty of opportunity to jump in front of several cars ahead of both of us. The man was rude and simply childish in my opinion and he is a certainly not a good representation of the company. I don't believe anything will be done about this message but I simply refuse to just let this go with voicing my concern.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cut up by virgin media driver

If you were joining from a filter lane then its impossible for him to cut you up as he would have had the right of way
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pws7482 wrote:
I have just been shouted at and cut up by a virgin media van reg Hv15 csu today at around 4:50am on kirkstall road Leeds. The man stated I was about to run him off the road, which is hard to comprehend when was behind me. He simply refused to let me join from the filter lane by driving up close to the car in front of him, blocking my access. His problem was he wanted to get ahead by one car. At no point did I try to push my car in front of him to jump the queue - if that was the case I would have had plenty of opportunity to jump in front of several cars ahead of both of us. The man was rude and simply childish in my opinion and he is a certainly not a good representation of the company. I don't believe anything will be done about this message but I simply refuse to just let this go with voicing my concern.

Here you go, best £2.50 you'll ever spend.   http://www.safedrivingforlife.info/shop/product/official-highway-code-new-edition-2015

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I know Kirkstall Road at Leeds gets busy but 4.50am ??.

Without a lot more information regarding the set up of the filter lane and interview of the parties/witnesses it is not possible to assess blameworthiness.

The alleged conduct of the VM driver is another issue.

It is interesting to see that there are posts backing the VM driver without the benefit of having the full FACTS of the matter.

I have no idea of what happened and as such I would not be advising that either party should be reading the Highway Code because they are at fault.

0 Kudos