Menu
Angelww
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Contractors!

Hi I can't see where to post this so sorry if it's in the wrong place. I have virgin media contractors working in my street. They have piled their equipment up against my fence. My fence is now leaning. How do I complain? There is nowhere to email them. I don't want to ring and be held on the line for ages. Please can you help? x

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contractors!

I think you could also complain to your local council about abut the way contractors are behaving in your area

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

also, take and post photos, and post code. record registration numbers... if you plan to claim/ sue you need evidence.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angelww

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us on the forums and for joining the community too. We'd like to address the issues with the tools and equipment being rested against your fencing, and my apologies for any concerns this has caused.

In order for us to take a further look into this for you with our teams, if you could send a private message to me with your name and full address and any pictures you may have, I can then flag this to the them for you and will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Mark615506
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

My mother in law is in a horrid stress due to your contractors. 

She found the unannounced decision to dig in front her driveway very intimidating. Unfortunately she had to spend the day indoors which was also an inconvenience.

The biggest complaint though, is your contractors have left the premises with a large, unsightly, certainly different than before area of concrete. The concrete is now cracking, she could potentially trip and having spent so much time and money on her home, we feel your contractors should come back a do a better a job.

How can I proceed with this issue?  

0 Kudos
Grantm68
Settling in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

My address is #####################

Your contractors are currently installing along our street, when I approached them last week they guaranteed that they had notified by letter drop that the work was taking place - THEY DID NOT, and despite stating they would arrange for this to be rectified, it wasn't.

They also guaranteed that they would notify us before excavating across our drive - they didn't and now I can't get off our drive.

Suffice to say - I am not happy and now am incredibly inconvenienced due to the contractor's lack of due care and diligence.

Please could you contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss.

Alternatively I will approach WMDC to apply for the works to be stopped.

Grant ####################

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grantm68, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I'm sorry if recent works in the area have been disruptive.

I understand the frustration caused especially if you were unaware of the works beforehand. 

Whilst work is ongoing there will be some noise and some disruption to parking etc during the day but this is unavoidable. It's worth noting that the work has been approved by your local council. 

At the end of each day there is an audit performed to ensure things are left safe and in accordance with permits until the following day. This includes covering any digs so if you need to move your car out of your driveway you can do this. If this isn't happening, please let me know and post back here with some pictures so I can raise this up. 

Once work has been completed, everything will go back to normal but for now, all I can do is pass over your comments to the teams. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos