Menu
johnskarin
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Contractors have damaged my property

Virgin contractors have dug up my front garden to install cable. They diverted from pavement to my garden because it is easier to dig into, I suspect! So, they have trashed my lovely grass, covered my border edging with dug up mud obscuring the pavement and my front garden and lastly dumped a load of rubble at one end of the garden that looks like hard core dug up from the pavement. A really nasty mess.

No permission was sought and it has not even been made good.

I would like someone at Virgin Media to get in touch and explain why they think this is acceptable.

I was exciting about getting virgin media in the village but I dont recall anyone saying they were going to destroy my garden at the open evening at the village hall.

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contractors have damaged my property

Post up some photos so you can shame them

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Contrary to what other user said, you don't have to post pictures if you do not want to.

You can keep that private for when staff contacts you, which can possibly take a number of days as it has been busy on here.

Hopefully a superuser can flag this for staff for them to notice and get in contact with your Local Area Field Manager and take it from there.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnskarin, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us and I can only apologise to hear about the mess that's been left Smiley Sad 

I would love to be able to help you with this but in order to do so I will need some information. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
roxi2306
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

contracter have been out recently at my house , dig up for virign to come in !!
but have left my extior wall and door cover in disel or oil !! and will not come off have tried everything to get it off ! and now going to have get a new door and wall painted !!!😔 not happy at all with this !!

is there anything i can do ?
0 Kudos
johnskarin
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The bungling incompetence of virgin media and its appointed contractors know no bounds.

They mucked up my pristine grass. I paid have it levelled and re seeded. I was jyst starting to recover when they came back and dug it all up again.

Shamefull and they still havent actually managed to install anything that works to my house yet.

My tip, stick with BT.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi roxi2306, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear things haven't been left as they were before we did the work. 

We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
johnskarin
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not got a message from you Kath.
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

johnskarin wrote:
Not got a message from you Kath.

Unless your name is roxi you weren't getting one, the staff member did state a name in her post that you didn't read Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
johnskarin
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes. Spotted that! Thanks for pointing out my error here.

0 Kudos