Menu
Neil29
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Complaint About Virgin Media Van Parking

I would like to complain about one of your employees who repeatedly parks his Virgin van anywhere but outside his own house.
The Registration Number of the van is:-
YF11ZZS
He lives on Baldwin Abenue, Wigston, Leicestershire but he never parks his van outside his own house.
It is either parked across the road or further down the road and is an unsightly obstruction of view.
Parking is difficult enough on the street without him taking up space unnecessarily when he could and should be parking the van outside his own house.
Why should other people have to put up with it just so he can avoid the view if his van outside his house??
The driver of the vehicle has a drive where he can park his van when he uses his car or he should just use his car for work as he does alternate between the two.
Please can you contact the driver and get him to park his van elsewhere.
Thank You
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint About Virgin Media Van Parking

It's the 'Queen's Highway'.  People can park wherever they like so long as they are not causing a traffic offence (e.g. on yellow lines or council regulated no parking zone).

Interestingly I can see the van parked alongside a long wooden fence on Google Maps Street View     Smiley Wink

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Neil29
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That Google Maps Street View is not current.
At the moment it is parked outside someone's house and not the van drivers!

Yes it's the highway but 99% of people are considerate. Obviously he doesn't like to look out of the window and see his bright van blocking his view so why should other householders have to put up with it and be unable to park outside their own homes when he had the space on his front.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On a morality level I totally agree with you.  I wouldn't want that thing parked outside my property.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Neil29 wrote:
That Google Maps Street View is not current.
At the moment it is parked outside someone's house and not the van drivers!

Yes it's the highway but 99% of people are considerate. Obviously he doesn't like to look out of the window and see his bright van blocking his view so why should other householders have to put up with it and be unable to park outside their own homes when he had the space on his front.

totally agree with the principal of your post but unless VM sanction him you are on a hiding to nothing - i have similar with cars - vans etc parking outside my property whilst they are working at a private hospital opposite - police are not interested - council might do something if you push - best you can hope for is a white line across your drive where you or those given permission by you can park - any one else parking there are parking illegally

but failing that you can object to whoever and nothing will happen - he is breaking no laws so no one will get involved - common sense or good practice seem to mean little these days

Tony
0 Kudos